TES Skyrim VR 0.485

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim VR 0.485

ENBSeries wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 22:25 Every time when i do something for VR skyrim, my enthusiasm get destroyed after i see how few people use it. I dont have energy now to do anything for VR and need time to forget again how unpopular my mod is.
Boris your work is the only reason I am still playing Skyrim VR, I made a video and Wabbajack to showcase three of the greatest SE ENB's ever made . . . in VR. Rudy Cathedral, Picho Azurite and NAT3: https://youtu.be/MjZSNP_ToNI Please take a look when you get a chance, I think you will be impressed how far VR visuals came . . . because of you.

If there is any way you can give us more water shader features or terrain parallax, it will allow us to push the visuals even further. NAT3 water is very dark unfortunately without some of the ENB water shaders: https://imgur.com/a/YPvfiwi

It is still my favorite VR EN.

Hello, I would love to see Parallax on terrain arriving on VR too ;)
Since there is now DLSS or FSR2; it's becoming a real joy to play Skyrim ultramodded, just with vrik, higgs, prank , and spellsiphon the gameplay is on top, and with your work on ENB the game can now run very well with all the mods.
So just for that thanks ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Later, i'm working on optimization intensively and it takes lot of time.

Amazing work Boris!!!

Thank you for all your work Boris!

I would also very much like to see ground parallax. In general VR sales are increasing I think, and when the VR modding community has more to offer it's more likely people make the switch. Full support for VR parallax would be a huge improvement.

Your work is greatly appreciated. Many more people would use it in Skyrim VR if it had terrain parallax. In fact many more people would play Skyrim VR. The flat, no-parallax textures look old-fashioned and stupid. Modern parallax textures look absolutely amazing in VR, far better than in flat screen gaming... but the stupid flat two-dimensionality of the terrain textures is just made even more obvious when the other textures have parallax. You look at a rock wall and the rocks all bulge out at you like it's a real wall... and then you look down at the grass and it's like it's been painted on a flat sheet... ridiculous.

So in the end I gave up on parallax in Skyrim VR (because there's no terrain parallax)... I am just waiting for someone to produce a terrain parallax solution. I know (from other forums) that many people would love to see terrain parallax in Skyrim VR: it would make it a completely new experience, dramatically more realistic and more satisfying to play. I am one of those who no longer uses this ENB but who definitely would if it had terrain parallax. Please know that it would be greatly appreciated, by many, if you ever find the time. New ENB versions are always the most exciting news we get.

Oh, sorry Boris, I didn't see the discussion in the newer (495) thread. I hope life is getting better for you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As i heard there are parallax mods, so what's the problem to use them?

Hey! I hope you are doing well.

Talking about community shaders, yes they bring Terrain parallax, grass collision, and particle lights to SkyrimVR and this is wonderful in VR but, to have this, we have to drop ENB effects because it is one or another. They are not compatible, unfortunately. Personally, I can't trade one for the other... so it is kind of torture to decide but I'm sticking to ENB series for now because it performs better and I can't drop cloud shadows, bloom tweaks, skin light-scattering and all the post process I've done with it looks better overall.
i7 8700k @ 3.7 Ghz - DDR4 32 Go - RTX 4090 24 Gb - Win 10 64bits
Valve Index virtual reality system