TES Skyrim SE 0.494

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.494

Also keep in mind that just the grass mod as well as the density of grass will impact your framerate significantly, of course tree mod(s) as well.

In general, unless you have more or less the exact same framerate affecting visual mods, game settings and the ENB preset it's pretty useless to compare framerates like that since there are way too many varying factors.

i wonder these mods require some sort of graphics card specified

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I just discovered a thing - don't know how long this has been with ENB.
Heat shimmer effects from lava are not visible with ENB. (Well there's "something" visible, but it's 1% of the effect compared to when I turn off ENB.)
Tried adjusting all kinds of effects - only thing that works is to turn off ENB

Any suggestions how to solve this ? Some weird setting ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Need teleport code and other things to check. But big chance it's because of fix made for refractions to support mods with adjustable refractions (bee in the jar by milkdrinker).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

A good place to test is the Aetherium Forge: use console code coc DLC1Bthalft01 in main menu.

This teleports you to the beginning of the cave, you have to go to the final room. It's not far.

teleport location:

Proceed:

Until this door - use TCL code (no clipping) to get through.

Then you go through a regular door and there it is:

There are massive heat shimmer effects through floors and over the lava, hot air is rippling. But not with ENB. This breaks the immersion.
You can make quicksave there for easy return during testing.

There are other places with lava in Skyrim, but can't remember where. Also - if this kind of effect does not show up, then there's a big chance that many more effects are not showing.

I extracted the shimmer effect mesh from the game to study: https://www.mediafire.com/file/d9tawtem ... 1.nif/file

And here is the texture it uses: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l80m8j1l ... 1.dds/file
And normal map: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dcl6gtxz ... n.dds/file

I can help with testing if needed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm so sure that's the thing i improved and downside it is not working with some vanilla things. I will not revert code back, game one is buggy and instead somebody have to fix such distortions. I'll check that when be free anyway, thanks for information provided, but very sceptical, so much the same as reported few times earlier.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh, no problem. Hopefully no need to change the code.
I only need the information required to make the neccessary mod that circumvents this. (Same way I did with the Transparent and Refracting Icicles mod - just needed modified normal map)

Can I use similar technique ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Better ask TheMilkDrinker from discord about that. Or you can try to change alpha of texture, maybe there is a trigger i did for this, don't remember.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for detailed guide how to get there. Yes, that's a fix for refraction which i did to support mods. Same problem was with ice mods. if (normal.w > (250.5/255.0)) this condition activates vanilla processing of the heat or any other refraction effect, because alpha is not used in calculations. So any buggy alpha of the distortion texture means enb kicks in and thinks it's custom texture for fixed refraction. Only right and only single way is to change that texture, make it's alpha white or create different distortion map in xy channels.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I just tried the same trick that I used for ice, didn't seem to work.