(Skyrim) Huge fps drop with ENB

solving problems with low performance
  • Author

Re: (Skyrim) Huge fps drop with ENB

Set UseDefferedRendering to false (which seems to disable half of the effects) and that improved my FPS by ~1-2. When I disable AA in the console from within the game it improves my FPS by ~1.

Yes it's the only game I use ENB with (other games I play don't need it) and no I don't do 3D programming. I am a gamer which enjoys advanced graphics if thats ok. I was happy when I was finally able to get ENB running after a lot of trouble the first time.

I attached my enblocal.ini if you wanna take a look.
Attachments
enblocal.ini
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

EnableSubPixelAA=false (restart required).
And these two may be just because you running out of video memory and not tweaked properly for your system, so better without (restart required).
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false

But i don't think this will help much, something else is wrong. Can you disable in bios hyperthreading?

Tried these settings no change.
I do not have access to BIOS (it's a Mac) so I'm not sure I can disable hyperthreading.

I tried installing another ENB called Performance ENB (now called Tamriel Reloaded ENB) I got even worse results...

Is there anything in my SkrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini that could affect ENB performance ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is there anything in my SkrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini that could affect ENB performance ?
Yes, but default is ok.

What about performance when you have only sky visible on the screen, by looking above? The same question when looking on flat terrain to the bottom. When toggling mod on/off compare these results. May be it's just amd driver bug with compiling shaders, i know that if shader is fail to work on amd, it may degrade performance instead of just to be ignored.

Well I made a lot of tweaks to my .ini files. I tried reverting to default .ini but my game would crash >:<

So I get about 14 FPS when looking at the ground (pavement in Whiterun) and 17 FPS looking straight up at a cloudy sky (in both cases 60 FPS when pressing Shift + F12).

I have a lot of mods I dont know which ones could affect the ENB and if I can safely disable them without causing any trouble !?

I also tried setting in enblocal.ini this VideoMemorySizeMb=8192 (because I have a 64bit system and thats what Step-project recommended for 2Gb VRAM and 8Gb system memory setup)
But no noticeable difference.

*sensei*

Imo, you should just try resetting ini's to defaults + ENB edits only. Then check on a new game.
The only reason for Skyrim to crash with default ini's is you have uGridsToLoad modified. Otherwise, something is really wrong.

V-sync caused heavy framedrops and stuttering with my modded Skyrim.
Even in a small room it shows 60FPS but is stuttering like hell.

fDefaultWorldFOV=90 can improve the game stability.

Agent XXX wrote:fDefaultWorldFOV=90 can improve the game stability.
Really? It just changes your field of view, making the game render more what you see, eating your FPS (and making you feel comfortable when you are sitting close to your screen), nothing more. Prove me wrong if you can.

Yeah for sure! I even gained ~ +1FPS.
If I remember correctly it relieved CPU usage.

I'm not telling you bullshit mate and I'm still tuning Skyrim to my max preferences.
I even spend more time to tune the game then playing (but still a "newb").

I'm redownloading Skyrim currently (deleted my Backup ;( because I thought I'm done but realized that my 2500K @ 5ghz is still limiting my AMD 7950@1250/1800(max) thats why I will install the 2K Full
AND will finally play the game after couple of weeks and xxx hours.

But I got a backup from this "Skyrim ENB" setting and will upload a screenshot later this evening.

Update
Yeah! I got the same result with 2k full texturmod!

With +-1 FPS but don't ask me why! ;) I'M DONE! :mrgreen:
I'm not sure about the improvement regarding the game stability yet but just trust me it was like "wow" even with with low 30 FPS and above!!!

Prove me how it will eat FPS!!! harhahr :lol:

As you can see the Intel i5 2500K Quad CPU with 5ghz is still limiting with ugrids=9 etc. (worst-case GPU usage about 65%). :lol:
fdefaultfov=90 is CPU related and has nothing to do with eating frames.
You just don't know how things work. ;)

FOV=Standard (65)

FOV=90

FOV=Standard (65)

FOV=90
Last edited by Agent XXX on 12 Nov 2014, 23:04, edited 7 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you have such low frame rate when looking on to the sky only, it's not because of mod directly.