Not a smooth picture with ENB, but FPS is stable

solving problems with low performance
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Not a smooth picture with ENB, but FPS is stable

Then it was first thing must be mentioned. With such videocard it's purely lack of performance. No way to do anything.

ENBSeries wrote: 29 Dec 2023, 11:26 Then it was first thing must be mentioned. With such videocard it's purely lack of performance. No way to do anything.
Greetings again, just last night I figured out how to saddle my geforce 710m, the problem was solved by increasing the frequencies of the video memory and video core of the video card via MSI Afterburner. When I turned on the GTA Task Manager, I saw that at the moment of these jerks the video card was loaded at 100%, and by increasing the frequencies, the load eventually dropped by 15-20% and such jerks were now significantly less. They haven’t gone away completely, because after all, I have an ancient geforce 710m from 2012, but I haven’t even turned up all the sliders in msi yet. What’s most surprising is that the power consumption and temperature of the video card have practically not increased, but productivity has increased. Thank you so much for helping players like me, I was looking for a solution to the problem on many forums, but it was you who helped me for a long time, which ultimately sent me in the right direction. Thank you very much again!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maybe on the contrary, you have throttling and videocard drops frequencies in such moments, but using afterburner forcing them as a fix? You can check that by increasing frequencies in smallest value. Or maybe even decreasing them. If yes, it confirms and maybe worth replace thermal paste and clean dust.

ENBSeries wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 16:38 Maybe on the contrary, you have throttling and videocard drops frequencies in such moments, but using afterburner forcing them as a fix? You can check that by increasing frequencies in smallest value. Or maybe even decreasing them. If yes, it confirms and maybe worth replace thermal paste and clean dust.
The paradox is that a little over two months ago I gave my laptop for an upgrade, they replaced everything that was possible except this video card, because it needs to be soldered, and this will be very expensive and not profitable. But the point is that the laptop was thoroughly cleaned along with the upgrade, and even the cooler is not particularly audible at low load. Or is it still worth trying, on the contrary, to reduce the frequency of the video card?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do the test as i described. Also it's very common when those who do service to clean, do it badly. Or use fake thermal paste or invalid type of paste (not all suit laptops or gpu). You can monitor temperatures of the gpu and cpu both to find out about overheating.