[FO4] Cannot change setting in game (partially fixed)

fixing bugs
  • Author

[FO4] Cannot change setting in game (partially fixed)

This software is amazing! Thank you very much for giving us all this

Since yesterday I can no longer make changes via the in game menu in Fallout 4.

I was playing around with the Stalker preset which includes reshade stuff which worries me.

None of the fixes I've found so far have got it going again, checked for a helper.dll file someone said causes this, but it's not there. No steam overlay, riva, razor, or Logitech,

Tried using save, apply still nothing

Ive used a .bat to remove all reshade and enb, then installed
enblocal.ini
d3dcompiler_46e.dll
d3d11.dll

I can still toggle the Disable lights fix option, but brightness, fps limiter and others won't change.

I did recently install mods for graphics could they be causing this?

http://imgur.com/a/o9x7s

There's an image of my FO4 folder in case that helps. This is with the Stalker presets in.

I also noticed my FO4 folder is set to read only... is that it? I've tried to change it but it keeps reverting dispite full control security setting, so im guessing that's a steam thing.

THANK YOU very very much to anyone who can try and help me out. I really want to use enb for making screenshots oooooh the possibilities!

http://imgur.com/a/35Qh2

edit; my enblocal settings if that helps http://imgur.com/a/5xvoa

Could it be forced AA from NVidia control panel?

Fixed Edit; ok so I've got control over brightness and contrast again so Im happy! Not really sure what did it, the reinstallation process, reverting enblocal to the above settings, or maybe closing realtech audio just now.

The fps limiter still won't toggle though, and maybe other stuff and I would really like to get a better understanding of using enb.

so any advice would still be just as much appreciated :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: [FO4] Cannot change setting in game (partially fixed)

Can you explain how setting do not change? You can't click anything in internal editor of the ENBSeries? Or you do changes, trying to save them, but they restores? Or mouse not working properly?
Blind guesses it's some SKSE plugin, crapware, antivirus, Windows setting for folders and files (try to run from admin maybe). About read only file, maybe too.

Wow ENBoris replied to me!! :D

In the internal editor of ENB, if I uncheck the fps limiter for example no change. press save / apply no change.

The menu does respond, but the changes weren't taking effect.

Brightness and contrast were the same but after removing / reinstalling it is working now and that's what I really wanted.

At this point I think its just the limiter that I can't change, I'll try as admin.

Got my first bit of play in last night with the preset, SO AMAZING

http://imgur.com/a/sQDxl

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You can try to put enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in to enbseries folder, maybe then something will change. Or on the contrary, from that folder such files bring to main game folder.

No luck yet, moved files around as you suggested.

But mostly everything is working great and it's amazing

Thanks again i'll watch more tutorials

Fixed

Somehow, I had a 61fps limit imposed globally via NV Inspector, which gave the appearance that ENB limiter was non-responsive.

So between that and redoing my enb/reshade install all ENB related issues resolved.