Skyrim Patch 1.5.26 Official Release Grass Problem

fixing bugs
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Patch 1.5.26 Official Release Grass Problem

Well, the one place where I now always see the bug even in clear weather is in front of Whiterun, and there isn't water that close-by. That's not to say your theory is downright wrong, because everything is certainly possible. It's actually pretty easy to trigger the bug once you know how to do it, and as is always, what is seen once cannot be unseen. I'm still staying on the latest patch, though.

[s]To tell you the truth, I was not 100% honest then I said "only near water" previously. I haven't checked this myself in Skyrim, but since de facto it uses the same GameBryo engine which was used by Oblivion (and previously used by Morrowind under name "NetImmerse"), but only slightly advanced and improved, I can tell that every cell in game world (exterior & interior) have water layer beneath it. You can easily check this by using "tcl" console command (noclip mode) and then going outside cell's boundaries. So if I am right, my theory about the cause of this problem is true. :)[/s]
Checked. Nope, it is the grass itself. So my next guess - new grass shadowing feature cases this. :D

this not happens with enb 108.
i used enb 108 for this, is very annoying, i prefer lost DOF

I have discover when using enb a loot of mods dont work for me.Crashing cant loading properly and the performance of the 1.08 is not the same.I true to install ULTRA REALISTIC WORLD LIGHTING and Fxaa Post Proces Injector and the game run.Run muche better whit 10 fps better then 1.08.Boris it seem Bethesta dont like you whit thew new patches im sorry.

stakado wrote:this not happens with enb 108.
That's because 108 lost not only DoF (which I for instance don't use at all in ENB, as I prefer to use 3-d person camera all the time), but also a lot of other major features of the mod. As I understand from readme and from my own tests ingame, 108 only retained some postprocessing effects. There is no original ENB lighting, no SSAO and a lot of other cool things in it. It was mainly made for impatient, stupid children who were constantly flaming Boris about "low-FPS" and "unnatural colors" for a long time.

megazogg wrote:
stakado wrote:this not happens with enb 108.
That's because 108 lost not only DoF (which I for instance don't use at all in ENB, as I prefer to use 3-d person camera all the time), but also a lot of other major features of the mod. As I understand from readme and from my own tests ingame, 108 only retained some postprocessing effects. There is no original ENB lighting, no SSAO and a lot of other cool things in it. It was mainly made for impatient, stupid children who were constantly flaming Boris about "low-FPS" and "unnatural colors" for a long time.
indeed, its posible to get awesome lighting on enb 108, and with grass bug fixed. this shots are with enb 108:

i´m very happy with the result, but there will be great tha have a 108 like enb with all feartures of 102
Bye!

I have been closely monitoring the innerwebs for any talk of a fix of the grass shadows issue (that doesnt involve me uninstalling enb 102) and there is no chatter at all on this topic. There have been, however, a couple references to an ini command in the display section of skyrim.ini, something like fShadowsOnGrass=0. I'm too lazy to re-install 1.5, but if anyone finds themselves with 1.5 installed and seeing the grass shadow issue, please try this and report here. I suspect its yet another bogus oblivion tweak that doesnt work with skyrim, but it should be tested...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I too have noticed some people mention that old Oblivion tweak and also always dismissed it as bogus. Now that you mentioned it I finally decided to give in and try it, but I'm happy to report that we were right as it doesn't seem to have any effect. Even if it does, the bug is certainly still there.

mindflux wrote:I too have noticed some people mention that old Oblivion tweak and also always dismissed it as bogus. Now that you mentioned it I finally decided to give in and try it, but I'm happy to report that we were right as it doesn't seem to have any effect. Even if it does, the bug is certainly still there.
Thanks for checking that. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for this to be fixed. You would think that Bethesda would at the very least allow for grass shadows to be disabled via skyrim.ini. Oh well.

ejowell

Check this forum thread out: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... ss-bug-15/

They are also trying solutions but none have worked.

I have tried everything on both forums, nothing works, only uninstalling 1.0.2 or Converting to 1.0.8 and losing all effects. Really lame.

SOmeOne DO SOMETHING!!