Need some help with enbseries.ini

• Author

Need some help with enbseries.ini

How do I make the light reflecting on my character less yellow and not overly bright? It's way too bright that I can't see her face.

Also, what subsurfacescattering does? How much is the recommended amount of it?

Re: Need some help with enbseries.ini

Pyrobunta wrote:How do I make the light reflecting on my character less yellow and not overly bright? It's way too bright that I can't see her face.

Also, what subsurfacescattering does? How much is the recommended amount of it?
Try lowering the AmountInterior value, which controls bloom amount for interiors. Lower it until you're confortable. And if that doesn't work, turn DirectLightingInterior and AmbientLightingInterior down.

And, if I understand correctly, in simplest terms SubSurfaceScattering, or 'SSS' is the value of whether you want skin to be white or red. Higher value numbers being redder, lower being whiter.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Imho better to tweak parameters in enbeffect.fx file, otherwise point light properties may help.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Imho better to tweak parameters in enbeffect.fx file, otherwise point light properties may help.
Yes, the pointlight settings in enbseries.ini as well as the curve and desaturation values.

Thanks.

Which setting darken/blackens shadows? I felt that the shadows are a bit too grey/light.

*sensei*

Direct light affects some of them, and Ambient light affects others.

Not all shadows are the same, if that makes sense, it takes some time to figure it out.

Also, Brightness, Contrast, and Adaptation values in the enbeffect.fx file, can have a large effect on shadows. Change them one at a time by a factor of 10 to see what they do.