3D vision and ENB Series in Skyrim

• Author

Re: 3D vision and ENB Series in Skyrim

Hello Mr B., hello everone.
First I'd like to thank for absolutely amazing work you are doing Boris. I'm using your ENBs since STALKER version.

To the point: I've managed to install Helix's 3D Vision fixes and I was playing on GTX 295. I had no issues whatsoever. But after ditching GTX 295 and installing GTX 660 Ti I'm experiencing problem with the bloom. It is rendered only for the left eye.
Could it be that the reason for that is the GTX295 is in fact 2 GPU card in SLi? It seems like if the system is SLi and set to Alternate Frame Rendering (each GPU renders the view for 1 eye) it works fine. But on single GPU cards the bloom is rendered for left eye only (twice maybe because the effect is quite strong) producing very strong ghosting.

Question is: is there any way to fix that? I really like the bloom in ENB series and without it Skyrim doesn't look so good anymore.

@kalicola:
You need to rename enb's d3d9.dll to let's say 'd3d9_enb.dll' and then define the path to that file in Helix's DX9Settings.ini. Eg:

Code: Select all

[General]
ProxyLib=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\d3d9_enb.dll //Make sure path matches your Skyrim install directory!

In case of problems follow this guide

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hello. Can't say anything positive about stereo, because i'm not using this technology and guess will not do anything, 3d stereo is a hack by third party software or video drivers, testing mod with every released stereo driver and every possible hardware? Sorry, i'm alone here.

Cromm Cruac

Thanks for a prompt reply.
Of course I don't demand a fix from you. I'm a modder myself (STALKER, not Skyrim) and I realize that it is impossible to test the mod on everything.
I was just asking. Maybe someone knows a fix or settings that I might ovelooked in my search for the solution.

Surfer11May

:D Nice Work
Last edited by Surfer11May on 10 Dec 2012, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Surfer11May

Got it to work but want to understand why - so future updates to ENB Series will also work with 3D.

Installs:
3D Vision ENB (recommendations)
SKYRIM ENHANCED SHADERS FX – ENB
Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX 1-1 Preview 12 - ENB 119
d3d9.dll from ENB Series 119

At this point I still had ghosting with bright objects like waterfalls and with bright sky behind trees or buildings.
Added this and ghosting was fixed:

Helix's 3D Vision All In One
http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/ ... ll-in.html

Put back d3d9.dll from ENB Series 119 and ghosting returned.
What is it about the 119 dll that does not fix the ghosting?