Dof Help Skyrim

• Author

Dof Help Skyrim

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone maybe able to best guess if there is a preset Dof out there that would work with this example without causing ghost like effects? Note the background terrain!

This is all done through this setup:

GeDoSato first with lanczos scaling and HBAO enabled full quality

ENB: AO off and using Far Off ENB with DOF enabled from his latest preset.

Now I haven't a clue how to configure enbeffectprepass.fx in any shape or form unless given example to copy or something so please don't treat me as if I know anything at all :).

I mean if I couldn't find a enbeffectprepass.fx setup that would work by chance. Would anyone be able to tell me what kind of SSAO_SSIL list of settings I could use for ENB AO to get near the same sort of quality I get from HBAO please??? All my attempts result in shading of AO shadows looking like layers of cake and not blended well and smoothed out.

Thanks

Re: Dof Help Skyrim

Eu4orick wrote:Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone maybe able to best guess if there is a preset Dof out there that would work with this example without causing ghost like effects? Note the background terrain!

This is all done through this setup:

GeDoSato first with lanczos scaling and HBAO enabled full quality

ENB: AO off and using Far Off ENB with DOF enabled from his latest preset.

Now I haven't a clue how to configure enbeffectprepass.fx in any shape or form unless given example to copy or something so please don't treat me as if I know anything at all :).

I mean if I couldn't find a enbeffectprepass.fx setup that would work by chance. Would anyone be able to tell me what kind of SSAO_SSIL list of settings I could use for ENB AO to get near the same sort of quality I get from HBAO please??? All my attempts result in shading of AO shadows looking like layers of cake and not blended well and smoothed out.

Thanks
can you post ur preset?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Dof Help Skyrim

Hi there

I'm the author of Far Off ENB

First, can you name the exact version you are using please? It will help me determine compatibility. "Latest version" doesn't really help as I have MANY MANY versions.

My first guess is that HBAO is not compatible with Skyrim, or ENB. Best to get in touch with the author of GeToSaDo and see if he can help with the compatibility. The effect of HBAO on the character is very nice by the way. I'm sure if it was working fully, it would be even better.

As far as achieving the same AO effect, I can do my best to create those settings. However, I have no video card these days. So you may end up waiting a bit for it.

The quickest and best effect that looks even better than this that I used for a lot of my screen shots is Nvidia AO from the 320.49 driver. Of course, to use that version driver you would need a compatible video card. In this case it would need to be something no newer than the original Titan or 780GTX.

Just to rule some things out. While in game try toggling Scroll Lock key to see if Sweet FX might be causing a compatibility issue.
Next, try disabling ENB effects while in game one at a time to see if any fix the issue. You can do that by just pressing ENTER+SHIFT at the same time to get the menu up. Then click on the + sign where it says effects. Then uncheck an effect and then APPLY to see if anything improves. Do this one effect at a time.

Other than that, I do believe it is an HBAO incompatibility.

If you have further questions, just email me at faroffmods@gmail.com