Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Thank's JawZ! You saved me again :lol: I did install "No more bronze skin" like ages ago... now it's time to find some good SSS-textures.

Intel Core i5-3570 @ 4.00GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU ii 4GB Vram | Win7 64bit on Samsung SSD 840 120GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah that was a lazy mans solution to the problem of having illuminated skin.

With ENB it's a big NO-NO but for use without ENB I would rather dim the vanilla texture down inside Photoshop and thus would have achieved a better result than that mod :roll:
He just did a black square for crying out loud.

One way of creating SSS textures that will fit the color texture you are using is to open up the color texture you use inside an image editor, Photoshop or GIMP for example.

Then bring down the brightness of the Blue and Green color channel about a -100 then compare it to the vanilla _sk and fine tune it based on that to achieve a good base. And repeat the process for body, hand and head _sk textures.

This is not the optimal way of doing a SSS texture but is a fast and ok way of doing it at least.

Hi!

Excuse my further sidetracking push, but anyway.

I did recently revert my _sk maps from the one i made to black ones with the new sss features from enbseries.

But since I hear that u are using em i am now thinking that i should give experiment with different color levels, u just cant get any color u want to go thru with only the enb version. but i was definitely still having problems with how skyrim makes all of your sss map shine so much when there is intense light but u are entirely within the shadow.

On the children now i am pretty stumped cause i was messing with em more and they are still way brighter than other people. It is activated by the enb sss that makes em glow like they are from lamplight. I got this kinda crappy but more face looking _msn on them now and gave em a spec map also. these are both functioning but it is like independently not working the amount of glowyness. played around with the shader flags, also enabled vertex colors on it. vertex collor array is all fffffff like the femalehead.nif i compared it to.

also changed around the other stuff like lighting effect altho its probably best to get it working set up the nif like other human ones.

the only apparent difference between child heads and adult ones is child ones are having just one tri file for em and i guess that means they arent set up for facegen and the game also uses facegen colorings for character but i had noticed tho the npcs have skin tint presets for em and children use adult male ones, they also have a "blank detail map" that is enabled in the esp but not in the the bsshadertextureset, its same as adult young age without freckles npcs.

I really did think that when u mentioned object space normalmap that it will be just changing that to make it look right but its doesnt seem to be the case. Whatever it is i am missing something.

didnt try converting the vanilla tangent space normalmap into object space one that can be done with xnormal. for comparison, but my meshes were rotated properly for baking, dont want to rotate em downward or darken cause its bad practice. worsens neckseams and stuff. Maybe rotate the plane of the face on the hipoly tool alternatively.

Current version is 0.4b

Bryn's SPF 42

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Baduk
Sadly it does sound like we're both stumped at the same spot. It's been a while now but I too managed to get the object space normals to work and baked proper map, but as far as I can remember my children looked pretty much like yours on the screenshot you posted before I had to give up. There must be something we're not noticing, but sadly the way everything works is a huge mess so it's pretty easy to miss something. By the look of it it doesn't look like it's only a matter of FaceGen tint no being applied, looks like something wrong with how the subsurface scattering is set up.

Jafin16 wrote:Babypuke
Might I ask what video card you're using? Your problem sounds a lot like what's happening with the new water effects enabled when using an older-ish AMD video card (basically anything below the 7000 series and some of the 69xx series). Also, just to check, even if you don't have one of those cards, just disable the water effects in the GUI and see if those are causing a problem. The problems you're talking about don't sound like they're related to the particle patch at all, tbh, but I guess I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :)
I'm running dual GTX 660's in SLI. Which water effects are you talking about, the reflections in the launcher?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

but as far as I can remember my children looked pretty much like yours
I like how this sounds

Anyways the issue of the black water is gone I switched from CoT + Enhanced Shaders ENB to CoT + RealVision. Must have been one of the effects files or something from enhanced shaders which I installed same time as this patch. Which sucks cause everything else about that mod + CoT looked sharp and amazing rather than the oversaturated mess that is most other ENBs.

Still having the weird brightness flicker issue though, it can even happen during the loading screen when there are no models (just fog and black background) the brightness will flicker between two settings it's weird, maybe that's not from this patch either though.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:
but as far as I can remember my children looked pretty much like yours
I like how this sounds
Haha! Didn't realize what I just wrote.

Um, the whole thing was made completely out of rubber... In fact, we communicated the whole time with sign language... I'm afraid I was very drunk.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Flicker at loading screen is "normal" behavior, ignore it

Hey mindflux just a quick question (slightly nooby) -
Do you have a mods list you have used for these screen shots?
or is it just STEP?
Cheers in advance