Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Like mentioned, even the vanilla game is buggy, hence the water glow in certain weather conditions. The only way I could fix that is to create my own weather plugin but that then would conflict with every other weather plugin out there, rending it completely useless.

For modifications I suggest trying xEdit (TES5Edit), it's much more straight-forward to use and you can easily compare plugins.

*sensei*

Yo! Are we gonna get an updated sss patch for sse or is the existing patch good to go?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I added the candles to the main SSE patch, still looking at the other stuff. At least some of the children I checked seemed work even without the patch.

Hiya Mindflux. Great to see an update.

Do the candle changes also need to be made to Smoking Torches and Candles? Seeing a lot of conflicts with it, but I suspect for STaC to work, it has to overwrite the particle patch.

Do you know if atmosphere.nif is recommended/needed for Skyrim SE?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Qwinn
No worries, slowly getting up to speed again. Good point about STaC, I need to double-check but I believe the meshes already have SSS enabled.

ShmooZ
It's still needed but I'm not sure whether the one from Oldrim works or whether it can be converted.

Thanks for this mod. I installed it a few months ago when I started modding Skyrim Special Edition and am now thinking about updating.

I'm still getting fairly bright waterfalls at night, so hopefully the update will help.

Does this patch work as well if you have Realistic Water Two installed?

Do you know of any other settings that would help reduce waterfall brightness at night?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not really, but some weather mods do it better than others, for example ELFX mentioned above.

It's also possible that there are still some stray waterfall meshes that need modifying so if there's a specific location feel free to let me know.

Not familiar with Realistic Water Two, sorry.

It was the waterfalls outside Whiterun. I think its most of them but I'd have to doublecheck. However I'm going to update the patch to see if that helps. Thanks anyhow.

Also, which water mod do you use with this for SE?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

None actually, I've learned that mods often contain oversights or even cause more bugs so I've made the decision to adjust the meshes for vanilla game.

Also, if I adjusted something based on how it looks with one specific mod, it might look totally wrong for another or the vanilla game.

Please do check out the waterfalls you mentioned, I can then take a second look at them.