Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

In case the effect uses that texture it might be that, or the gradient, in case the effect uses that texture as well, or something entirely different. I'll check.

EDIT: Tested quickly but couldn't repro. I think the best course of action for you is to temporarily rename for example data/textures/effects and see if the issue persists.

*master*

Thats a bug boris won't fix because the fix produced new bugs. Its because of cloud shadow falling on decals that have transparent texture parts. also happening to blood. if some shadow types hit them this is happening.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah yes, that explains why I didn't see the issue since there was no shadow from clouds. It's odd that the decal is drawn completely blank.

I haven't had time to look into the rest of the issue since they're more time-consuming and Ive been very busy with real work. Hopefully soon...

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated. That probably means its partially a me issue then. Ill try fiddling around with stuff a little more then. Thanks again!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, it's actually not really specific to you unless you're using a mod that changes the word effect.

In any case, to fix it you would need to modify the texture sets for that effect to use alpha test instead of blending.

So you re-added some meshes from before they where fixed

Code: Select all

mods\skyrim particle patch for enb\meshes\effects\ambient\fxmistlow01adjust.nif
    Block [1]: Mesh uses SLSF1_External_Emittance but bit 9 is not set in BSXFlags.

mods\skyrim particle patch for enb\meshes\effects\fxrapids02.nif

mods\skyrim particle patch for enb\meshes\effects\fxrapidsbig01.nif
also how do you know how to find what is right SLSF1_External_Emittance or BSXFlags for other Meshes i have? You seem to be among the most knowledgeable on this topic.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah yes, I added back some of the previously removed meshes when Boris introduced LightingInfluence parameter for [PARTICLE], in order to support that. Because I wasn't quite sure anymore how the old meshes were modified I created them from scratch to make sure no unnecessary modifications were carried over, but of course I forgot that flag. Thanks for heads-up.

It's very simple actually - if you have External Emittance enabled in the shaders, you should also tick the bit for it in the BSXFlags.

mindflux wrote:It's very simple actually - if you have External Emittance enabled in the shaders, you should also tick the bit for it in the BSXFlags.
how do i know that the shaders are the one telling the truth not BSXFlags?

PS thanks for the fix!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's a trickier question, and the answer depends on what exactly you're (or the meshes are) trying to achieve.

In this case external emittance determines whether LightingInfluence parameter is used or not.

*master*

Hey Mindflux. I found a dust particle that is not fixed yet. Its one from the ancestor glade.

https://imgur.com/nXwNEjq

https://imgur.com/ghKrXUp