Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim SSE Water for ENB

Thanks! That's great to hear.

This is a fantastic mod, thank you very much. However, I have a - maybe stupid - question... the screenshots in the first post show some very awesome shorebreak whitewater/waves, that I simply cannot find anywhere in my game, no matter what weather I wait for, or what shorelines I look at... Is that another mod together with yours? :?:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, glad you like the mod.

That is actually just the whitewater foam found in the rapids, not shoreline waves, and everything is included in the mod. If you're not seeing the same chances are you have a mod that overwrites this mod.

I actually created shoreline waves as well but gave up after realizing I would need to add them to the game world one by one, a huge amount of work for not much gain really.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :D my rivers have plenty of foam near rapids. I just thought it looked like the sea ^^

mindflux wrote:Thanks, glad you like the mod.

That is actually just the whitewater foam found in the rapids, not shoreline waves, and everything is included in the mod. If you're not seeing the same chances are you have a mod that overwrites this mod.

I actually created shoreline waves as well but gave up after realizing I would need to add them to the game world one by one, a huge amount of work for not much gain really.
You mean shoreline waves implementation like in this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=posts

Or with dragonborn like waves? Or something completely different?

The Author of the above mentioned mod had implemented waves from the edge of the playable area up to Solitude, but it's sort of abandoned i guess, perhaps because of the huge amount of work he had to go all the way to the other edge. A shame, because the effect created, even with its technical limitations, just gave another life to the shores of the sea of ghosts.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@ Mindflux: Is the transparency of water textures in any kind changeable in the meshes or esp?

Because of the water textures with the same diffuse, but different alpha map. Taking up like 100mb Vram.
Maybe there is room for optimization in performance I thought.

Hm, I'm not quite sure but maybe I've found a small graphical bug/glitch...? I'm running this mod together with RW2 (with Water for ENB overwriting RW2) and although it looks beautiful 90% of the time, there are also places which looks a bit weird, for example the waves in the northern sea (see images)... I've tried different settings in the ENB but that doesnt helt at all. Its not a big deal at all, but maybe you could give me some advice how to solve it?

https://imgur.com/TuWevnM
https://imgur.com/U75CYBa

Also noticed that there is a "ENB Textures"-mod for RW2, can that be used together with Water for ENB or will they conflict...?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm looks like reflection is black. I shall investigate whether I can find out anything that affects this but reducing the wave height should at least help.

The ENB specific textures from RW2 will conflict, and they're more or less the most important component in regards to how the water surface will look.

Thanks a lot for your answers! Exactly, the reflection looks almost entirely black and also gets a bit worse when using the "wavy"-version of the mod (Im running the vanilla version on the posted images) so maybe it will help by reducing the waves. Fingers crossed! :)

Yeah, thought so, I will skip the ENB-textures for RW2 then, thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Update: Fixed overly bright water surface when underwater.