Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Thanks for the advice, I was using TES5 Edit and the CK actually makes the settings make a lot more sense with how everything's laid out. I'm still not understanding the alpha blending settings though and I'm not familiar with any vanilla shaders that don't glow so I don't know where to look for reference.

Here's the settings for the shader in the CK:

I already tried changing the destination blend mode to "one" like I saw in some vanilla shaders but that doesn't seem to have worked. I'll keep experimenting I guess, but any advice would be appreciated.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In your screenshot blending looks like it's setup correctly, puzzling. I have to say I haven't (luckily) had to use the built-in effect shader much so maybe the game does some sort of shader trickery. Now that you mention they are mostly all spell effects, I think.

This article helped a lot: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?t ... fectShader

I found that a "source blend mode" of "dest color" and "dest blend mode" of "one" gave proper results. I couldn't find anything else that worked. The soap effect is a lot more subtle now, but it looks a ton more realistic with or without ENB.

I'm still at a loss for the Particle Shader, though. Seems like everything other than the default either makes the texture all black/white or completely removes transparency from the background.

Again, thank you for the advice.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Recently I discovered a strange problem when Particle Patch is active: (there is some dark shadow that partially covers the map and when I exit the map and turn myself, then reopen the map, the shadow is in another angle)

Strange thing - it wasn't like that before I had to restore my mod overwrites in MO2 after MO2 crash. (probably something overrode that faulty part before)

Now I've tried disabling every mod, until I found out that it's specifically the Particle Patch. When I disable it, problem disappears.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh yes, now I remember someone reporting a similar issue a while back which I forgot. I think it was caused by one of the blowing snow effect meshes or something like that but I have never seen the issue myself.

Which mods do you use for the map?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I use A Quality World map for the map (+ some interface mods)

BUt disabling that doesn't chage the glitch.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Found the faulty file. It's the fxcameraattachblowingfog.nif in meshes\effects

Removed the BSTriShape and problem solved.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, good stuff. I’ll try to investigate when I have a bit of time.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There's now something I don't quite understand; that mesh, while it could be the culprit, doesn't seem like anything you have there, it's a just a particle effect.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The mesh gets stretched over the screen and it's the lower part of this BSTriShape that becomes visible. I have ultrawide display, maybe that is the reason I see this, can't really compare on another display.

Probably I have some older version and there might not be this glitch in latest version.