Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Immensely strong, this one is :P

Anywho, with the Yoda speech out of they way.

Mindflux would you know if it would be possible to add these little magical critters to the Particle Lights section?
So that their FX glow would give of some light around them, as they are visually intended to do so. At least in my eyes they are

Effects\MoteEffect01.nif

Any idea why particle patch isnt working for me?

for Skyrim SE

I am using the latest enb from this website, with no additional enb modifications,
(specifically: I only put enbseries.ini, d3dcompiler_46e.dll, and d3d11.dll in my skyrim folder)

I redownloaded particle patch from this thread today

installed using NMM
tried first to let it overwrite everything,
then reinstalled and let everything overwrite it

but whiteRun water still looks like this:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

bengoodspeed
Seems peculiar, oddly enough the blending of the mist at the foot of the waterfall to the right is somehow glitched as well.

Does that happen with the default weather (fw 81a) as well? Are you using any weather mods?

Jawz
Well, we've only been going for almost seven years now so yes, I guess you could say that about everyone still here :P

That's a neat idea actually, would work better with mods that make interiors darker. I'll check whether it causes any issues.

UPDATE: Actually, it seems like that's not possible in Skyrim or even SSE, only in FO4.

I tried fw 81a and it immediately looks like this:

not as visible with the moon/stars shedding light but it seems the water is still glowing

I have Climates of Tamriel and True Storms,
I now tried disabling both under the plugin tab of NMM, then tried disabling all plugins (including Realistic Water Two),
yet water problems still look the same as shown

yeah there is something there with the mist of the waterfall isnt there? I hadn't noticed

anyways none of these changes have effected that, either.

many characters eyes including my own char also glow really bad in the dark, I wonder if possibly somehow related..
I dunno.. what else is there to say... most of my other mods are texture mods.. theres a UV tweaks.. I have skyrim script extender.. and some reshade or sweetfx thing (to remove blur IIRC)
I'll try deleting some stuff and updating some old mods and see if anything happens

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The glowing effect is probably caused by incorrectly set up Effect Lighting parameter for the weather. I could disable it but then the objects would not catch color.

Upon closer inspection I noticed the blending problem is there at my end as well, will look into it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux
Fuuuuuuudge, too bad :(
Would have made for a nice visual effect. Bouncing light balls in dungeons :lol:
Is there anyway to use the candle stick particle light glow as a separate mesh. Creating a mesh that only looks like a glow effect that gives off particle light, light.
Having such a mesh would make it possible to add fake light where it's needed. Please tell me it's possible :D

I'm not 100% certain on how the particle light effect actually functions, well in truth I have no idea how it is done.

UPDATE
So I have succesfully found the paramter to increase the radius of the effect, now to find a way to make the mesh transparent while still giving off the effect. Or find another solution.

Off-topic
I really am dissapointed that Bethesda couldn't have upgrade their lighting system in Skyrim to be in par with Fallout 4
Started experimenting for ELE - FO4.

1 Shadow light bulb

13 shadow light bulbs in the scene, no flickering whatsoever

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, using particle lights would certainly work for Oldrim but I've been mostly working with SSE now. Not sure actually which one is more popular these.

And yeah, it's too bad SSE really only has couple of a crappy effects slapped on when they could have done much more. But of course, it wouldn't have probably made much sense business wise.

So upon reflection of your suggestion that an incorrect parameter could be causing things to glow, I tried installing Enhanced Lights and FX,
it appeared to fix the glowing water problem.
too bad it is an oversaturated and overly contrasty mod though, I didn't like it at all.

But at least that lets me know where it's at, I don't know if you use such type of mods as ELFX while testing your particle patch, but it's something to consider. I'll try Realistic Lighting Overhaul when I get back home, and if that's no good maybe I'll try to strip down ELFX to whatever file seems to change the way objects receive light.

:)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not really difficult to fix the issue but I'm afraid you need to use the CK or xEdit on edit the plugin, and unless you're super experienced with modding weathers, preferably test each weather to find a good looking value. The parameter itself it called "Effect Lighting" found under weather parameters. I guess you could also take the ELFX plugin and merge the corresponding values to whatever lighting mod you are using but it might turn out tricky in case ELFX or that other mod adds its own weathers like for example COT does.

I do sometimes test lighting mods (mostly RL) but since one setting that might look great in one mod looks awful in another I have no way to but to tweak the objects for the vanilla game. And in cases like these it doesn't matter, you can tell the developers were rushed towards the end of the project since the values for the vanilla are equally bad as well and for a perfect end result it's just something that needs be done correctly, no other way around it.

yeah, last night I narrowed it down to the "ELFX - Weathers.esp" file in ELFX, then I tried loading it into CK (which I am extremely extremely new to) and seeing if I could make heads or tails of anything but there was like a trillion objects in the file and no way was I gonna figure it out without making skyrim explode into a million pieces.

I guess I could load my COT in CK and see if I can find the value you're talking about..

but then, I have tried completely uninstalling COT at this point to test, yet the water still glows. So if you're modding a vanilla skyrim then I am perplexed as to why particle patch isnt working for me, since my other mods are mostly terrains, meshes and such. I went through the ENB settings last night and switched almost every single checkmark setting, yet still the water glows.

well, anyways thanks for the chat and insights into skyrims engine. it will be cool to see how it compares to TES6, and how the community will end up dissecting and modding that.