Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

mindflux wrote:They made use of Effect Lighting parameter for the weather, so to make them look appropriate you would have needed to set those correct (by the default, they are set to odd values) but that was too clumsy or complicated for most users. Also, if you need to make the waterfalls completely black you will need to disable cubemap for them, meaning that they will look duller during daytime as well.

I will see if I can provide something like this as an alternative.
is there anything i can do for this problem on the waters?
https://ibb.co/YQj761n

love what you made, it drastically help the performance, keep up the good work ^^

mindflux wrote:They made use of Effect Lighting parameter for the weather, so to make them look appropriate you would have needed to set those correct (by the default, they are set to odd values) but that was too clumsy or complicated for most users. Also, if you need to make the waterfalls completely black you will need to disable cubemap for them, meaning that they will look duller during daytime as well.

I will see if I can provide something like this as an alternative.
That would be great! I actually tried tinkering with the waterfall meshes in CK and found (as far as I can tell) the effect lighting parameter. I fiddled with the value but couldn't get it right.
I have some screenshots of how they look in my game: 1st pic of each pair is with ENB disabled. 2nd is with ENB. The dang waterfalls are the only thing preventing me from turning down the darkness at night to some really realistic levels.

https://imgtc.ws/a/aZhDV3b

Also here is my mod list just in case it's relevant in the slightest.

https://modwat.ch/u/bignickm27/plugins

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As a first-aid, try adjusting the ambient and lighting intensity parameters under [PARTICLE] category.

joshuaputras
That looks like a texture missing, I'll fix that. Sorry for the hassle.

mindflux wrote:As a first-aid, try adjusting the ambient and lighting intensity parameters under [PARTICLE] category.
Ah yes I did manage to find those settings while fiddling with the ENB. I have them turned all the way down, and it made the waterfalls a couple shades darker. IIRC, those screenshots were taken with those settings applied.

Edit: I downloaded the latest particle patch update and the waterfalls are no longer glowing :) . Though there is a strange white square at the base of the two waterfalls on the right. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your patch and it's not a huge deal.
https://imgtc.ws/a/tAHSzti

*master*

Should I be using Reduced Glow FX with the particle patch? there is quite a bit of overwrite? Or does your mod handle this in another way?

Also should SMIM and Nobleskyrim overwrite particle patch files or vice versa.

thx

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not familiar with Reduced Glow, but I assume it's designed to reduce the brightness of many effects while my patch only adjusts the problematic ones while keeping the vanilla look.

In any case it's better to let everything overwrite PP, otherwise you'll be wondering why some mod doesn't work.

*master*

Any idea what would causes a guards torch not to cast light? running around in Whiterun and I notice some guards have torches that cast no light at all, while others do. I do use Diverse Skyrim, ELFX Exterior Fixes, + ENB light + particle patch.

EDIT:

fixed, was a conflict with LH's Torch HD

EDIT 2:

Nevermind. I thought it fixed it but I was wrong. The guards torches produce light. I go inside an interior building, come back outside and all of a sudden their torches are no longer producing light. any thoughts?

On another note if I am using ELFX + particle patch + enb light I assume I should not install the ELFX torch flame effect?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have seen that same bug maybe once or twice but I think it was just a random glitch for me. Does that happen in a specific location or everywhere?

I would probably first try without ELFX Exterior. Hard to say about ELFX torch flame without looking, might or might not be compatible.

*master*

Very consitent with the guard at the entrance of whiterun as soon as you leave the drunken huntman. His torch lights fine, I enter the drunken huntman, leave and he's still got his torch but it produces no light... then a couple other guards in the city are the same... very weird.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You’re not using a mod that changes the guards’ torches into shadowcasters, are you?