Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Ok, thanks ! Now it's fixed. You have been extremely helpful. Will this fix (along with the other one that fixes the creek next to Whiterun) be in the next particle patch update ?
(Although it's not exactly a "particle" bug)

There is one water seam though:

But it's a water mod's problem I guess. Do you also have that seam ? If not, I'll know what to do.

About the missing mountain textures near Whiterun - I don't even know where to look - I've uninstalled every mountain and ground cover mods, no help. And this disappearing mounain texture problem has been there a long time - as long as I remember playing this game. Also can't be a memory problem - 11GB graphic memory + 32 GB RAM

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I guess I can add that change to the particle patch, it's basically an ITM but it won't do any harm. And no worries, glad to help.

No, I don't have that seam:

The mountain bug is not about missing texture, a whole mountain object (lod0 geometry) is missing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:The mountain bug is not about missing texture, a whole mountain object (lod0 geometry) is missing.
The thing is, that the mountain texture is fine and then disappears when I'm getting closer.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Little update - I found out what was causing the missing water next to Crabber's Shanty - it was a mod called "Immersive Fallen Trees"

Uninstalled this mod, problem gone. No more need for fixer plugin.

I did not suspect this mod, because it does not place anything into the area.
(Found the culprit by moving the fixer plugin around in load order.)

But the water seam is still there, no matter which water mod I use or even with vanilla:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I only tested with my water mod, no idea about vanilla or other water mods.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

With your water mod I get the same result - and additionally the part of the stream that starts from the seam and ends with the next "tundrastreamtransition" flows backwards.
Not the part that had missing water next to the hut, but the farther part of this stream from the other side of the water seam. Both parts of the stream flow towards the seam. (This only happens with Skyrim SSE Water for ENB)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

A mod conflict? I have no other mods except Water for ENB (default, non wavy) and mine is perfect, no seam and correct flow (towards the tundrastreamtransition).

As you've probably already noticed almost any mod that contains world edits is a culprit since they can contain (and often do) unintended edits.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, probably true, but to identify the culprit ?
Uninstalling all mods is not an option, there are hundreds, possible thousands overwrites across different mods, to achieve the desired result. Can't remember them all. It could end up the game being unable to load savegames. Only way to identify this kind of bug is some fixer plugin (like I found the previous bug)

What can cause a seam ? And why is the water flowing backwards there with only Water for ENB ? (I also use the default no wavy option)
There must be some difference in this place between all the other mods and the Water for ENB.
(Something in the Water for ENB is susceptible to some unknown bug)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I assume the easiest way to isolate the problematic mod would be inspect the records modified by mods.

I just tested with vanilla game as well, no seam and correct direction of flow. Same as with Water for ENB, which makes sense because my mod is based on vanilla. The thing is that I developed the mod for vanilla game, and I can't start adding ITM records just to fix issues introduced by buggy mods. For example the issue you mentioned with "Immersive Fallen Trees" is caused by the author not carrying over records in update.esm which basically means they're all being reverted, including the fix for water height. Not saying there couldn't be bugs in Water for ENB as well because it's more than likely that there are.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I totally understand that adding ITM records because of buggy mods would be a big and possibly endless work. Maybe some day someone will create a patch of some kind that will address all such problems.

You said "the easiest way to isolate the problematic mod would be inspect the records modified by mods."
I am not very familiar with the CK and I don't know where to look exactly (what records) and what to compare. (I assume that probably the update.esm vs all the mods one-by one ?)