Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 12/05

Marlboro Man wrote:Thanks for the explanation, I thought it worked that way. The weather stuff is a little over my head yet, but I am learning more and more each day. And learning a lot from your guides. ;)

Hope you get your internet service back soon, I know how it feels being with out.....sucks. :)

MM
Those guides are priceless. I used them last night while I worked on fixing my "all white skies" issue with mist and volumetric rays. Found the information on sky gradients and now making good progress on it all.

Also been grouping my weathers like JawZ outlined - keeps them much smaller and more manageable. I plan on only having about 7 different groups. Working on fog right now (my favorite).

Also using his clouds - they play nice with ENB and a bit better than Dramatic Clouds which I have used for a long time.

And yes - I would hate to be off line O.o the horror ...

*sensei*

It really comes down to optimal time management.
Even using CoT If you start getting more then 10 individual ini´s then you are nitpicking over stuff that would be more time efficient to just sort out in the CK/tes5edit.

Having weather A have a slight different tone of sunset color then Weather B is all nice and well... but this can be done very quickly in the CK/Tes5edit, and people do not get massive compatibility issues with an .esp that only alter weathers, be it CoT, Vanilla, ELE or something else.

Also sucks to hear about your missing internet JawZ! I has stored quite a few issues and questions for ya! :D
That said then I hope that ya studies at least progress nicely!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I might update the guides currently released a bit and perhaps start working on a new or several new ones. Been a while since I sat in the "Writing seat".

And the Internet Connection doesn't really bother me, sure it it did the first day or two but as with any "addiction" once you get past the first day or two you'll be fine, most of the time ;)
But it helped put things in perspective and I figured out what I really want to do, without any distraction.
And I have been able to "steal" a connection at the school, they just removed the network cables after all = simple fix

Aiyen;

Well go ahead and send them I do have a mobile phone with internet, a limited version but fully useable to read messages. I'll make sure to "steal" a connection when ever I need to respond.
They are going very well, thank you. I started the NC-Math a week or so ago and "really enjoying that part" :roll: :lol:
Especially the "value of x" math which I have never seen a purpose of knowing unless you are some theoretical mathematician

Example equation with solution and the result of "value of x" math I'm referring to;
7x-5-2x=12+x-9+6x-2x <- Equation

7x-5+2x-x-6x+2x=12-9
7x+2x-x-6x+2x=12-9+5
4x=8
4x/4=8/4 <-Solution

x=2 <-Result

The only useable about this math for the type of work I'm going to end up doing is to get the way you would calculate things using the NC-Math. If you divide or subtract on one side you need to do the same on the other side of the equal/= side. Other than that I fail to see any practical application use for this kind of math in the line of work I will be doing in the future and have done in the past.

*sensei*

Glad that ya are having fun...
Also yeah some good relaxing in basic math like that.

What is more useful the the math itself is the way it allows you to think about problems. Since it essentially force your brain into a logical mindset, which is very helpful in many other areas. This is what many schools fail to really stress.... math is not so much about the ability to multiply subtract etc. but to actually learn how to think about solving the problem.

If you know the method to solve the problem it does not matter so much that you cannot do it super fast in your head.
I am very lousy at "banter math" in my head... but I can solve a 2nd order differential equation without much issue for example. ;)

Also whenever possible if you can get to the point where you see the solution and manipulation graphically then it will really help with understanding. Like knowing that the differential is just the slope of the tanget of a curve. At least for me ;)

But enough random math talk! To the modding machine!

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote:I started the NC-Math a week or so ago and "really enjoying that part" :roll: :lol:
Especially the "value of x" math which I have never seen a purpose of knowing unless you are some theoretical mathematician
It's as much about learning rigorous logic as it is about anything else. And lessons in logic are something a majority of humans seem in dire need of.

Also, math itself posses a certain beauty. I hope you'll learn to appreciate that.

And now I'll get off my "why they be hatin on my maths?" soapbox. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I also wanted to ask. Can I include your mesh to my config ? Now I can't play without it :) Of course with full credits.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

Hi JawZ,

I registered to show my gratitude for your supreme efforts with this project.

I stopped using lighting mods a while ago because I just found it all just too problematic.The trouble with using a bunch of mods written by different folk to achieve lots of small but important things is that it all ends up getting a bit wobbly; a fix here, a new problem over there kind of thing. And some of them suffer from mission creep in my view, they try too hard and end up messing with things that didn't need fixing. Vanilla lighting is just ghastly though, so I've been roughing it, relying on ENB to smooth things over. A good preset definitely does hide a multitude of sins but it's not a magic bullet.

The ELE suite just seems to take care of every niggle I've got that ENB can't address, and it does it in a uniform and supremely balanced way.This and a good ENB setup is all anybody needs to get their game looking really outstandingly sumptuous. I see this as the next revolutionary a step after ENB itself, because it sets out to do much the same thing - address a mass of aesthetic issues and cover a lot of ground really comprehensively.

Sorry, I've no useful technical feedback to offer. I'm just really pleased with the results using ELE and applaud you for your effort, talent and ambition. You, Boris and Sheson have fixed my Skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio;

Go right ahead and use my mesh in your uploaded ENB preset.

b3ast1e;
That reply need a "Oyama" type response

Yes they can produce a lot of errors for something that can covered by ENB most of the times if you spend a little time learning all it can do. ELE does introduce some incompatibilities for some mods but that can be fixed with a patch but it also covers or will cover all lighting in the game and that is something very unique as most other lighting mods only covers light bulbs or some imagespaces + lighting templates here and there. But it's going slow I'm just one man doing the work of well what Bethesda probably had a whole team working on to produce it from the beginning.

I have tried my best to incorporate natural well blended colors in to the game that brought some "real life" feeling into the game. Not that I have tried to bring in realism as I find it to be an impossible task with this engine and it's limitations but bringing in color themes that is more neutral and in my eyes looks like colors appearing in every day life, if i where to think about it.

Maybe not so much a technical feedback but more of a "pick me up" feedback or something like that. Really boosted my "modding" spirits reading your reply, hopefully there will be an update of ELE as an answer to that ;)

Really boosted my "modding" spirits reading your reply, hopefully there will be an update of ELE as an answer to that ;)
Cool beans. Then my work here is done ;)

I've just merged all the Relighting Skyrim plugins and just now trying to figure out if they're working nicely with your merged w/e release...I'm a bit of an idiot at this sort of thing so wonder if my doing this is causing a load order problem or something. I'm having a few minor problems with lights going off if I move slightly, like the jit script is on a hair trigger. It's not you, it's me :)

If I use ELE Suite w49 (combined version), can I still use Darker Dungeon and Revamped Exterior Fog, or are the features of those mods already included?

Also does combined version fully compatible with Relighting? I know only Light Bulbs is incompatible but what about the combined esp? Srry if it's a stupid question but I just hope maybe...

Btw, thank you for a really great mod.