Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Better but still a little glitchy. The armor and fire body seem to fight each other depending on what part of the model you're looking at. Looking at the head makes the fire draw over the face armor while the body armor will draw over the fire body, and vice versa. The armor is always kind of transparent as well.

Image Image
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah, it's not supposed to be transparent? I think I can fix the 'clipping' issue, try this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/894 ... _test2.zip

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah it's supposed to look solid like hardening lava. That patch did the trick, looks awesome. Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well that explains it, I could never really make out what the hell the armor was supposed to be, haha.

Thanks for testing, I'll replace the mesh currently in the patch with this latest one.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's the best looking atronach, IMO. The others are a little boring.

*sensei*

Hmmm guess I will just chip in... it is a fire related matter after all! :)

I agree that the latest one does have some really endearing qualities! Especially in day time and light

However I do find that during night and dark interiors it kinda gets a bit.... too demonic or just plain ol red.

Compared to the first iteration which while lacking hands etc. still had some endearing qualities. Pity you cant get the best from both worlds

During dawn or sunset and the switch from day settings to night it does get kinda nice.

I am ofc. aware that it is probably something with my settings that might be a tad to extreme for these settings.. but I am curious how yours look confidence man and mindflux.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

All depends on the way our lighting / bloom (BLOOM !! :D ) are behaving.
The second iteration does the trick for me, obviously, since my setups are bathed in exagerated lighting.

mindflux
You, old wizard, I'm still waiting for my Embers HD K Edition, in 4K please ! :lol:
And with the Forge addon as well ! :D
I'm shamelessly begging..... :lol: No hesitation.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry for the late reply, was a busy weekend and my system is fubar, started freezing every all of a sudden. I already checked the temps, ran a memtest, downclocked, increased cpu voltage but nothing. It must be something in the damn OS (Windows 7) since games seem to work fine no matter how long I ran them, also burn-in tests don't freeze. Event logs were as helpful as always, but I'm probably going to go full amok on services and scheduled tasks next, we'll see...

Regarding the atronach, I guess the last version is closer to vanilla. With the first one I kind of tried to reimagine and I kind of still like the result, seems to be more 'ethereal' or hellish to me, like a creature made out of pure fire. Of course it's not faithful, though, so I can see why people might not like it. That said I have to admit that the new one doesn't look half as bad either with appropriate settings. It's pretty red for me too (of course depends on the setup and windowlight intensity) but at least the armor now looks nice, reminds of hardening lava like Confidence-Man said.

Kyo
Sorry, master! I thought I'd update the Embers HD K Edition as well when I get the new embers for forges done but so far my attempts have proved futile, too little time and too much interesting stuff to do :D I was also foolish enough to create the original ember map in 2K so I will need to recreate that as well which is not too bad because I know I can do much better (it was really just a test...). I'll get to it, I promise lest the gnomes may me take :lol:

Confidence-Man
Beautiful shot!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux
Gnomes ?!? :shock:
Please, no !! :D
Take full time !! No hurry ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Damn this fire astro thingy looks good now...

Nice work :)