Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*master*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

It really does look amazing, great work mindflux.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

prod & NHK
Thanks! Glad to hear you're liking it, I guess it can be agreed on now that this version is the one to go for.

Thanks for the screenshots as well, seeing great shots always makes my efforts seem much more worthwhile :)

Hi Mindflux!
I wanna report an issue that this mod is causing...the big circular window in Dragonsreach (the highest one of the two) is emitting bright light during night time...i thought it was caused by ELFX mod, but i found that is one of your mesh that i causing this. Don't know which one precisely, but uninstalling your mod, fixes this issue.
I uploaded an image on "image" section of ELFX mod on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27 ... D110&pUp=1
The image is called "Dragonsreach Window Bug" if you wanna take a look at it!
Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the heads-up. Isn't that simply because the light is being affected by your particle settings? Are all other similar effects (there are more in the same throneroom) dimmer?

Hi,
i'm currently using the lastest version of Phinx Natural Enb, but i used different enb presets, and the issue was always present...so i don't think it's related to my particle settings....otherwise the issue will be present on the other big circular window in Dragonsreach, i guess ;)
I didn't noticed any other issue similar to this one inside Dragonsreach, the other windows are fine during night-time....only that big circular window....i belive that in the image i posted in the ELFX page mod, the issue is pretty clear :)
Glad to help!
If i find any other strange things related to this mod, i'll let you know!
Cheers
Ah...forgot to say that my Skyrim ini files are vanilla, apart from changes needed for the enb to get it working.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Alright thanks for the added info, I'll check when I get my computer running again.

It looks like an issue with the light shaft near the window. Does it occur only with ELFX, i.e. do I need to have it installed?

Please do keep your reports coming :D

You're welcome! ;)
Honestly i don't know if u need to have ELFX installed...i guess it's not, cause i tried to load the game without the "meshes" folder, and there was no issue at all...then i restored the "meshes" folder, and the issue was there...uninstalled your mod, and issue was gone! ;)
I always let ELFX override your meshes, so i'm pretty sure elfx is not needed, cause the culprit mesh is not one conflicting between the two mods.
Hope it helps!
Cheers

So can you upload the first iteration of the fire atronach without the armor?

First of all, this has always been a must-have for me, so thank you! I was wondering though, what specific settings are changed in the NIF to stop the glow? I'm comparing side-by-side with vanilla in NIFSkope and having trouble tracking down the property that is being altered (Oh how I wish NIFSkope had "diff" functionality! It is XML after all!)

Reason being is that I have several mods that have meshes with the glowing problem, and want to get in there and fix them.

Thank you!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

myztikrice
Sorry no, I have deleted it already. Unless of course someone else still have the files.

fadingsignal
It really depends on the case since there are many reasons that can cause the object to 'glow', so to speak. I don't have Nifskope installed here so I could check but first try lowering emissive amount as well as lighting effect amounts. You can also try disabling rim and back lighting completely, if applicable.

It really is mostly trial and error in the beginning when you're not familiar with the stuff and cannot decipher the actual culprit by just looking at the game and the nif.