Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

o0oEdgarElemento0o wrote:Hello! I'm using Opethfeldt ENB Preset and i'm having a couple of issues with the spells having very distinct borders / brightness.

Spell being cast with default Opethfeldt settings.

However, i've found that by enabling "Original Object Processing" in the ENB settings menu, the spells are fixed, but other things are messed up, such as trees having no shadows on them.

Spell being cast with Original Object Processing active

Is there any way i can fix just the spells, so that the other ENB effects still apply to everything else? Thanks!
Hello, I very rarely post here so I hope I don't screw up my introduction :)
This is caused by the mod "Ultimate HD Fire Effects" having errors in the textures, if you open some of them up and look closely at the borders there is a very thin line that only shows up with some enb effects on it. I sent a pm to the author on the Nexus but that was months ago so you will have to fix them yourself.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No worries, thanks for dropping by and giving a heads-up. I never took a look at the issue myself but now that you mentioned it yes, it makes a lot sense.

I have the problem that during daytime, interior caves water and dripping water from the ceiling is very white, like snow. I tried everything which could affect this in the gui but couldn't get rid of that. Nights are fine and also without ENB the problem disappaers. Only during daytime the problem occours. Has someone a solution for that? Thanks for every help.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So [PARTICLE] category parameters have no effect? If so, please give me an exact location so that I can check it out.

No, no parameter reacts to that. I put some screnshots below (nr. 3 where everything is fine and 4 with that mess of snow storm as water particels.

What might be useful to know:
-Does not depend on Interior Lighting Mod (I use ELE Lite), happens even with vanilla
-It must be somethiong on the ENB's end, I suggest adaption in the effect.fx. I looked inside but my knowledge is very limited to coding
-I use Woods ENB, with other ENB's it does not occour, I remembered that some earlier ENB's had caused white water
-Happens in every cave like Ravenscar Hollow etc.

Thanks for your help mindflux and the great sub+particle patches you made ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Are those shots from Ravenscar Hollow? It's good to check exactly in the same place just in case.

And no problem! :lol:

---

The mist effect was a straight-forward fix (already updated the files) but not sure what you should do with water, it's the same type of shader that's used everywhere for water.

Holy s*** you did it! The pseudo snow storm made me crazy and now it'sm gone or it can be adjusted by particle settings.

Can't thank you enough for this fast help! :o

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just wanted to say thanks for all these great patches Mindflux!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem, glad to contribute! Now that I'm in a Skyrim drive again just let me know in case of any funky stuff in the game and I'll take a look.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Seeing as you are in a drive, I might as well lay down some work for you ;)

I posted this earlier but didn't get any response and figured you where busy busy then, and decided to post it again at a later time instead.
The sonvgardesky.nif would need a look over. With the current ENBSeries back to a version I can't remember now, there are no settings to control any of sky elements, not even the stars or aurora's.
I quickly fixed the stars by assigning the right SkyShader property, but the other things are a bit beyond me, I don't have the patience to troubleshoot/test various methods to find the proper solution now, maybe you do, as you have more experience of altering nif files in this degree of changes needed for it.

It can be located in Skyrim - Meshes.bsa under meshes/sky/sovngardesky.nif.