Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

@mindflux

big thanks man for the standalone SPECIAL EDITION PATCH.
much appreciated.
Ewi

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank Ewi and no worries, glad you guys found it useful. Be sure to let me know if you spot anything.

@battou Great to hear you got it working and thanks for the push.

mindflux wrote: The red exclamation mark means you're using a plugin that adds or replaces one or more meshes in the game world but you're missing the mesh that the plugin points to.
Turns out it was the Fern file. Try going to Valthume, I got the same error inside the first room.

Hi

I say that the fix is spectacular, I can finally see all the detail: thx.

Imagehttps://postimage.org/app.php

1) there is one small bug however, as I move I see some weird reflection on glaciers located further that looks like average shadow stripping, only when I move that subtle shimmering. stripping and flickering of shadows only on glaciers annoys me (can't show on photo since I need to move to see it, maybe too low shadow res 1024?).

2) far away glaciers (20 meters +) might be a lil too dark (yet again dunno if texture or nif problem)

3) also I'd like to add project glacier meshes to this fix, so I need to edit this and it will suffice?

[spoiler]
Imagehttps://postimage.org/

high res. uncut here:
[/spoiler]

best

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

lucidstorm1
Good to hear the fix did the trick. I haven't checked your stuff in-game yet so it's hard to give any input on the issues you're seen, but I'll take a look.

The meshes already have parallax enabled, so yes, copying those parameters from the parallax mod to my meshes should be enough.

Amaze
Thanks, I'll doublecheck.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Amaze
Alright, I found the problem - I had forgotten to update the link on the first page to the latest file. It's fixed now, so please update.

If you're not using a mod organizer, manually delete ReachShrub01.nif and ReachShrub02.nif in data/meshes/landscape/plants.

hI

If I may something to the previous post is that I think the flickering of shadow on the edges mostly is enb problem (if I switch off it's gone), I'd call it shadow noise, but happens only when you move and at the edges (it resembles noise from image philter)

I suspect some reflection settings

best

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If it's indeed noise from filtering, try increasing filtering quality to 0 for testing.

You can also disable various ENB features to find the culprit.

Hi Mindflux

ofc it would be best if I checked the culprit then report back to you (I knew I should have)

the direct culprit of the ugly shimmering/noise on PC movement is the ambient occlusion (SSAO_SSIL), disabling it removes the problem completely

it is also able to make a block bald, deprived of detail when sun hits (but that can be fixed with proper alpha channel most of the time, not a problem just saying it can happen more often than not):
SSAO-SSIL off (vanilla):
SSAO-SSIL on (vanilla):

this is vanilla texture, on my texture there is no loss of detail from ssao but the shimmering/noise as you move, for that reason the latter is the main problem

(had max quality for shadow noise already, btw. it;s not a shadow it looks like one, like shadow stripping but they are not shadows since there is no object casting them, it's just an artifact that looks like faint noisy shadow fast moving when PC moves: SSAO light, I have max quality for precision and doesn't help)

best

Ewi
*sensei*

After years of hard work, my Skyrim Overhaul is now ready. It covers everything except armor, characters and weapons. The size is about 10 GB installed. The resolution of the textures is from 2k up to 4k. I will send in the next days and weeks a download link to selected people.