Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

I haven't tested but I would image that for the most part you won't notice much difference in vanilla. Apparently some mods like Realistic Lighting benefit from the patch, however.

All are vanilla meshes since the patch is made for vanilla.

mindflux wrote:I haven't tested but I would image that for the most part you won't notice much difference in vanilla. Apparently some mods like Realistic Lighting benefit from the patch, however.

All are vanilla meshes since the patch is made for vanilla.
Thank you for your reply! Can I also assume that none of the USLEEP meshes are used as a base? I'm asking because I'm thinking about advocating this to be installed in a STEP installation. I just need to know if USLEEP should overwrite the Particle Patch since it provides fixes for 15 of the same meshes that you have also fixed (albeit, I don't know what those fixes are without searching through their logs and that could take a while).

Hi MindFlux,

I found a bug. The campfire01landburningup.nif file loads the Rocks01.DDS texture and not Mountainslab02.DDS.

And please, do you plan to release a fix to work together with the mod embers HD?

I tried to fix it using NifSkope, but could not.

Thanks for listening.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

pasking
Thanks for the report, I guess it's a similar nif corruption bug than what NHK found recently. I'll post a fix. Being my mod too Embers HD already uses particle patch meshes as a base.

TechAngel85
No USLEEP meshes are used, mainly because many of the fixes in USLEEP are subjective and not fixes per se, although I admit that's the case with some of the particle patch stuff too. I haven't looked into USLEEP meshes but it's more than possible that they have contain different changes than particle patch since it's not targeted for ENB users specifically. If there's something important to you feel free to let me know and I'll take a look whether I can integrate it to the particle patch.

Mindflux,

Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fixed campfire01landburningup.nif, also fixed couple of water related meshes I found recently.

mindflux wrote:TechAngel85
No USLEEP meshes are used, mainly because many of the fixes in USLEEP are subjective and not fixes per se, although I admit that's the case with some of the particle patch stuff too. I haven't looked into USLEEP meshes but it's more than possible that they have contain different changes than particle patch since it's not targeted for ENB users specifically. If there's something important to you feel free to let me know and I'll take a look whether I can integrate it to the particle patch.
Here is a list of the meshes:
meshes/clutter/ingredients/carrot01.nif
meshes/clutter/deadanimals/mountedmaleelk.nif
meshes/clutter/chauruseggs/eggs.nif
meshes/architecture/whiterun/wrbuildings/wrlodwindowglow01.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/svittoriavicihousedestroyed.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/svittoriavicihouse.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/shousedoor01.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/serikur house.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/doors/shousedoor01.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/clutter/smarketstalltop.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/clutter/smarketstall01.nif

I haven't checked into the changes USLEEP makes to them yet, but I'm providing the list for reference in case someone beats me to it.

Okay, so here are the fixes USLEEP provides. Some of them it would seem would benefit from using them as a base in your patch instead of the vanilla files:

Carrots do not cast or receive shadows. (clutter\ingredients\carrot01.nif) (Bug #9891)

Male and female mounted elk heads did not cast or receive shadows. (meshes\clutter\deadanimals\mountedfemaleelk.nif, meshes\clutter\deadanimals\mountedmaleelk.nif) (Bug #18527)

meshes/clutter/chauruseggs/eggs.nif
Chaurus Eggs collision radius has been reduced to help deal with floaters. (meshes\clutter\chauruseggs\eggs.nif)

Whiterun LOD window lights are partially broken on the Dragonsreach tower. (meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrbuildings\wrlodwindowglow01.nif) (Bug #19486)

meshes/architecture/solitude/svittoriavicihousedestroyed.nif
meshes/architecture/solitude/svittoriavicihouse.nif

Vittoria Vici's house in Solituide (destroyed and normal) had a pair of holes along one of the stairways. (Meshes\architecture\solitude\svittoriavicihouse.nif, Meshes\architecture\solitude\svittoriavicihousedestroyed.nif) (Bug #12037)

The common Solitude door (shousedoor01.nif) was not correctly displaying itself when in a shadowed area. (Bug #8755)

meshes/architecture/solitude/serikur house.nif
Seethrough hole above the door to Erikur's house. (meshes\architecture\solitude\SErikur House.NIF)

Several structures in Solitude with ropes on them have incorrect alpha settings on the rope parts. (Bug #19511)
The market stands in Solitude (Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\SMarketStallTop.nif and Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\smarketstall01.nif) will sometimes vanish when viewed at certain angles due to bad alpha mapping properties. (Bugzila #6497)

The market stands in Solitude (Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\SMarketStallTop.nif and Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\smarketstall01.nif) will sometimes vanish when viewed at certain angles due to bad alpha mapping properties. (Bugzila #6497)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for the exhaustive list, very useful. It does look like many of the fixes have been actually inherited from the particle patch, at least these:

That said my meshes may contain other fixes as well but I can't confirm that since there's no precise documentation and it's been so long I can't remember. For sure you should use wrlodwindowglow01.nif from the particle patch since it also adds a glow shader support for the LOD windows (missing from vanilla). In any case you can overwrite USLEEP meshes with mine for the above files.

I'll take a look at the remaining few meshes to see whether there's anything worth updating.

Hi. I'm the designer of several USLEEP mesh fixes.

meshes/architecture/whiterun/wrbuildings/wrlodwindowglow01.nif [http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php ... w&id=19486]
Only the vertices from the affected windows were moved, and their associated UV adjusted.
To port this modification to the Particle Patch you just have to copy/paste my NiTriShapeData block (#3) over your.

I did not design these meshes but reported the 'glow in the dark' bug to USLEEP when I saw you fixed it, and asked Arthmoor to include them in USLEEP. Jonwd7 (another contributor) apparently fixed the issue in a different way (even if I didn't dig to find how). Basically, these meshes are just fixing the same issue...

meshes/architecture/solitude/clutter/smarketstalltop.nif [http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php ... de-meshes/]
Beware : TechAngel85 incorrectly reported it. It's about issue 19524, not 19511. It's part of a fixed meshes pack I submitted in the aforementioned link. Apart from the repaired alpha channel I only closed gaps in this mesh (look at the last screenshot) and optimized it (vertices amount reduction without any visual loss/impact).
Here again, to port this modification to the Particle Patch you just have to copy/paste my NiTriShapeData block (#13) over your.