Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 5 June-14

Did I just hear "weather dependent bloom blur thing" :)

I have no idea yet what to actually do with weather id's in the fx files... other than lens which could render rain or snow effects. But I can't seem to figure the use inside enbeffect, prepass or effect for it. Maybe (and just MAYBE) you can isolate those last few weathers that come with too high saturation, too high contrast or too high (or low for that matter) whatever and when detected they will multiply some GUI variable to have them come in line with the rest of the weathers. Or just plug that modifier directly into the AGCC part of the shader so you don't even have to bother with additional code crap everywhere else.

But it's maddening to even start such a thing.

Did start playing again with the Sunrise/Sunset separation... and game time will also allow a direct port of ENB TOD into shaders to have SrDSsN separation for even more float madness into files. Should be nice though, can use float4's everywhere to stick things in (lamest reason ever).

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your hard work with the community jawz I personally think it's amazing & am surprised ive not seen it on nexusmods.com.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You're most welcome jerone1984 :)

I have not uploaded it to nexus because it's still in a early progression condition.
Uploading it to Nexus now would only result in receiving stupid and useless comments mostly, there are of course exceptions. It will happen later when all modules are more complete and only in need of fine tuning certain values here and there.

However I might consider uploading just the Interior Lighting modules as a separate mod, as they are the most complete and finished set of modules to date. And they are just widely along with different ENB presets already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm in need of you, the end user, nit picking once again.
Which one of these images seems to fit the interior best?
I'm focusing on bringing back a bit of the vanilla look in terms of overall color.

Vanilla

Default ALPHA 0.0.3

Altered version 1

Altered version 2

Full sized 1080p images can be viewed at my Flickr

Which ever looks better will help me to choose a implementation method and make it faster for me to come up with unique lighting implementations per interior cell based on their original look and the former ELE look.
Don't think of the overall brightness changes of the scene as being part of this evaluation, only focus on the color changes.
I'm skipping the calculator thing I coded, to much variables to take into account for it to be a viable replacement of my "gut feeling".

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote:I'm in need of you, the end user, nit picking once again.
Which one of these images seems to fit the interior best?
I'm focusing on bringing back a bit of the vanilla look in terms of overall color.

Default ALPHA 0.0.3
This, This one looks natural. Light reflecting, making the shadows brighter.
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did go with a similar color tone as the old ELE 0.0.4 ( not 0.0.3 as I wrote above)
But improved the ambient lighting to behave and look more like a proper hemispheric ambient lighting. As proper as it can get with the Creation Engine.
And a ~5-10% vanilla color tone assigned to it. Just to add a hint of the default color tint visuals making it slightly different between each interior cell type.

Assigning the initial RGB value to Z-, using the reversed RGB value of Z- for Z+, minus the assigned Direct Lighting RGB value.
Example;

Direct Lighting: 5, 10, 15.
Z+: 80, 82, 89.
Z-: 89, 82, 80 - 5, 10, 15 = 84, 72, 65.

Now I just need to create the 120+ different types of Lighting Templates and the next update will be ready for release :)

I'm inclined to say Altered Version 2 BUT with the contrast/brightness of 0.0.3. Like Klotim pointed out, it looks better because the light reflects and brightens up the shadows—however I know that you're already aware of this. As we've spoken about previously, you're not a fan of the oh-so-popular 'blackout' effect either. ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Precisely, this is to be a base and if a end user want's a higher "contrast ratio" that end user can use any type of contrast, curve or level control to do so. Or even go inside the CK and alter it that way for specific places only.
It's not that restricted in real life so I try to focus on implementing lighting effects of how I personally perceive the real world lighting, in a rough general estimate of course.

If I have some money left on my mobile phone when I get home so I can have internet access I'll upload some new pics of the current look, in the same interior. Made significant alterations, perhaps not visually but in the amount of stuff that was changed. I think I was at alteration 5 or 6 before I left home this morning :P

Jolly good stuff! Once ELE is finished I doubt there'll be much to do with ENB in terms of corrections, but mostly additional effects, which will be awesome. Even I could possibly find the time to tinker then. :P

Here's to hoping you have a few öre left on your phone. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dä sket sig i morse med uppladdningen, kolla aftonbladet o slut :roll:
Tur en ska hem te föräldrarna å låna verkstaden så jag kan reparera en av bilarna. Passar då på att ta med datorn å utnyttjar 100 MBit linan de har ;)

New preview pictures will be uploaded and shared here later today or tomorrow. There might also be a new test file of the ELE-Interior Lighting module with the "True Adaptive Interiors" feature I came up with implemented once again, I decided to include it again based on positive feedback at the STEP forum.
The next update of ELE will not have that feature but the one after that will. The update that will be released during the weekend or next week will "just" be an update of how the ELE-IL currently is configured. Better ambient lighting, more diversity between interiors (120+ different lighting atmospheres) and more intuitively named IS and LT content + patch updates and expansions.