Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB

Been working on the SkyrimClearRE weather type and here are the results of that. Still in early development!

Vanilla with ENB activated

ELE - Weather with ENB activated

The near fog will be a bit stronger in the end and I'm still experimenting with the Sky color. It's hard to keep the same Night/Day trigger and get that greyish blue which I quite like.

EDIT:

What do you guys that is going to use the ELE - Light Bulbs.esp think about having lanterns and similar things being turned off during the day? Exterior placed lanterns.

Something like that ?
It would be great.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

More or less but I won't add any new lanterns just apply it to the current Light Bulbs in the game, and where it's missing an emitting light from a lantern I will add a light to it. On and off "switch"/Day and Night trigger won't be script controlled.

EDIT;

I jumped over to work on the imagespaces a bit more and I'm wondering how the Skyrim bloom should be.

Should it be so it is only triggered by very bright stuff such as the fire, lightsprites and other bright surfaces or should it be very faint bloom that covers almost everything in a very subtle way? The intensity can be controlled via the enbeffect.fx not sure if I could add some code that would allow control of the radius as I think I would need the ENB to "fetch" that data from the imagespaces.

Anyway here is bloom with bright surface trigger and the intensity set to 2.0 in the enbeffect.fx, 1.0 being vanilla intensity.

And here is the bloom spread across everything, same here bloom intensity set to 2.0.

I have adaptation activated so don't mind the difference in light intensity from the fires and the fps is not accurate either as I had ENB running in both the CK and the game at the same time.

I myself think it should only be triggered by bright surfaces as one could always use the ENB bloom to cover the whole scene and the ENB bloom is more customizable through the use of changing some values in a file than going in the CK to change the bloom. Vanilla bloom can also be disabled through the enbeffect.fx

*sensei*

@ JawZ

I actually like the second pic a bit more.... the imagespace adds an element of fantasy, but that's just my opinion on it ;)

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah that's what ewi65 told me too. I've gone with the spread bloom.

What about in exteriors, bright surface trigger or subtle bloom? the bloom will be the same 24/7 only thing one can adjust separately is the intensity in the enbeffect.fx and that has exterior and interior night/day separation.

*sensei*

--JawZ-- wrote:Yeah that's what ewi65 told me too. I've gone with the spread bloom.

What about in exteriors, bright surface trigger or subtle bloom? the bloom will be the same 24/7 only thing one can adjust separately is the intensity in the enbeffect.fx and that has exterior and interior night/day separation.
Subtle bloom makes more sense, given that light triggering depends not on point lighting, but the sun intensity. Bright surface trigger would not reflect good bloom under the sun, scientifically speaking. Bloom effect is artificial, not a consequence of natural lighting, so if a camera doesn't usually pick up bloom outdoor unless ambient lighting was darker, then bright surface would not look good. My opinion, of course.

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah it does. It does not depend on any one particular lighting but is affected by the luminosity/brightness that texture/mesh is exposed to and thus triggers the bloom to show. The brightness of the bloom is not is not entirely related to the trigger settings of it. I can have a very subtle bloom only being triggered by very high luminosity/brightness, and the bloom is static so it's either on or off.
The thing that is usually referred to as "bloom" in real life is in reality just a fog or mist of some kind blended with it's environment lightning to almost "bend" the light towards bloom looks. Don't start any technical correction with the "light bend" thing ok :P And I respect that especially when it handed to me in such professional manner ;)

*sensei*

@ JawZ
What correction is needed? You are right ;) ;) I stand corrected.

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

hehe ok thanks then I didn't present it in a bad way at least ;)

Anyway started slightly working on the Dragonborn weathers and all of those weathers will be done by midday to today or earlier, will only correct the Day/Night trigger of those weathers so it will go better with the rest of the weather for the time being. Then I'm going to do the same thing for all of the Skyrim weathers, go over the Skyrim weather one last time and release the next ALPHA build. I want to get some input from my latest changes and I can't get proper feedback from pictures alone ;)

Here is how the sky will look before and after ELE Dragonborn - Weather module

Before

After

Vanilla, I had RemoveBlur activated in the previous pictures and here I have just deactivated the ELE module and ENB by Shift+F12

EDIT:

Man Bethesda felt lazy when assigning the color values for the Dragonborn weathers, 3 weathers I have gone through now and they have had the exact same value for the sky and fog with slight difference in the Day sky color between VolcanicAsh01 and VolcanicAsh02 :| Actually it's the same for all weathers, slight differences during the days only :roll:

EDIT 2:

Now the Solstheim weathers are covered and I will have a look at the Apocrypha weathers (2 of them) then I will check the rest of the ELE modules for any dirty edits (I don't mean TES5EDIT classed dirty edits, dirty edits of any kind) and I will update the NMM installer and upload this latest ELE ALPHA build :)

The only changes to the Dragonborn weathers are Sky color, Fog Color and Ambient color as well as neutralized imagespaces for those weathers. I left the bloom, DoF and adaptation values as they were for the time being.

Vanilla weathers and imagespaces

ELE Weathers and imagespaces, clouds and direct lighting will be desaturated in the future, especially the clouds above my characters head.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
What are the differences visible for Skyrimclear and Defaultweather in CreationKit visually i guess from looking @ the difference there seems to be a brightness difference, some blue tint and some heavy brightness spots on certain textures i think on the specular parts, would these things be definable in CKs weather settings especially the specular brightness a part from the specular shine of ENB itself ?

So to say Defaultweather feels like the base for Skyrimclear before Bethesda added some imagespace stuff

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard