Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 5 June-14

I prefer Altered Version 2. It seems to me to be somewhat of a balance between all images and if people want it to look more like one of the other images it shouldnt be too difficult to do so by adjusting the enb. IMO.

*sensei*

Sorry I am a bit late to the party... been busy these days!

I am going to agree with klotim and say that it looks best... if the goal is realism anyways. There is something to be said about the more stylistic and dark and cramped though. Like so many others then high contrast scenes tend to just work since they help emphasize specific objects... mainly the stuff that is lit up. I guess that is why so many people love high contrast presets for ENB!

Anyways that is about it for now... once you are a bit further along I will hopefully have time for some indepth nit picking!

*sensei*

As you already know, I wouldn't mind more ambient light in dungeons or anything outside of bright town/city lighting ;) I did a lot of testing now because I simply cannot get characters to look good on ELE IL 0.0.4 but they look absolutely fine when I take ELE out and replace with FDD. Ambient light is simply too low and should be raised a notch... cant raise ambient in dungeons of current setup using ENB ambient light intensity because its so small that raising it means raising it a lot and this blows up ambient in towns beyond something reasonable. Take special care on character face rendering when point light hits one side of the face, but nothing hits the other side and reduce the major difference between dungeon/cave ambient and city ambient... I'm all for correctness, but without loss of atmosphere... I don't mind a place looking less correct when it does look more spectacular. Its a PC game after all.

Still ELE helps a lot with ENB tweaking, so don't get me wrong :)

Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I haven't said much as really I lack the technical and artist skills of most of the people around here so my feedback won't be worth much. Based solely on looks I liked version ELE-IL Alteration nr1 (nr2 also looked okay) from your flickr images. Hard to really see the color changes. I am very sensitive to character skin tones myself and tend to agree with Prod on some of his comments. A lot of this is taste. In general I veer more towards a fantasy feel than realistic ... not that the two of them have to always be different of course.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Been having som financial troubles lately which have caused the delayed ELE update. No money = no internet access, from my home computer.

I've gone with a fourth option and I will try to have some new comparison shoots upload tomorrow. I think it's a nice blend between old ELE and vanilla lighting.
And it will most likely be used throughout all interior cells, the approach on how I assign the RGB values not the specific RGB values of the comparison shoots.

*sensei*

So sorry to hear, man! :(
CGI ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just noticed this topic is named 'Enhanced Lightning'. It should be 'Enhanced Lighting', right?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 5 June-14

Insomnia;

Dä är lugnt, en är van. Men som jag brukar säga den som vänter på nöe gött vänter inte för länge. om en vecka får jag lön å sen får jag ytterligare en veckan där efter. Bra med fördröjda löner, lr ja ersättning eftersom jag går på ett utbildnings program ;)

tapioks;

Huh funny, haven't noticed that before. Fixed now though. Propably happened during the last title update. easy to make typo when fast typing in words.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 5 June-14

--STATUS UPDATE--

Preview video of upcoming features

Here is a short flick on two of the new features that will be implemented in upcoming ELE modules

http://youtu.be/LpmQztaukpc

--JawZ-- wrote:Been having som financial troubles lately which have caused the delayed ELE update. No money = no internet access, from my home computer.

I've gone with a fourth option and I will try to have some new comparison shoots upload tomorrow. I think it's a nice blend between old ELE and vanilla lighting.
And it will most likely be used throughout all interior cells, the approach on how I assign the RGB values not the specific RGB values of the comparison shoots.
I think enough people here greatly appreciate your work that they would not mind donating to help such a worthy cause, myself included :D