Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

--STATUS UPDATE--

Current Situation

Been quite occupied by a lot of different things lately, making things ready for the next practical exam for a different CNC machine, expanding parts in my "Man Cave", developing new things for my "Smart PC Desk", supplying me, my parents and uncle with winter gear for our cars, PSU in my PC fried and other mod and game related occupations which have all taken me away from spending time on modding. Hopefully it will let go a little during this week so I can finalize the next version of ELE-Lite as well as the new full covered version of ELE-Weathers.

ELE-Weathers will go from being in a Alpha state into a Beta state when the next version is released.
Full coverage of all main Skyrim weathers, meaning only Skyrim.esm weathers covered not Dawnguard or Dragonborn coverage, yet.

thanks for the link I didnt realize you had that on the nexus. I am using your mixed enbeffect.fx file and have been happy with it. The main thing that has been giving me problems is the vanilla fog, trying to find a balance between clear, rainy, foggy weather patterns can be almost impossible. Other than that I have found a good balance between everything, every now and then the sky and cloud intensities will look a little odd, and the nights will look a little too bright in the snowy areas (more than just the snow reflecting moonlight should make it IMO) but otherwise im happy with the appearance.

so if i decide to, I will have a good starting point for a comlete per weather system, I only use if for the mist and volumetric rays right now i think. its been a while since ive done anything with it (my enb is for my personal use only so i dont have to worry about anyone's problems with it except mine). So i can wait until the next release to make my decision, ive actually been able to play some of the games i have lately :D weird huh.

sorry to hear about how hectic things have been for you lately, i know how stressful that can make things. obviously modding should take a back seat to real life things, it is after all just a game and you are doing this for no compensation other than the communities gratitude. thanks for all your hard work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Been ages since I touched that file myself :P, maybe I should update the ENB Resources thread next. Rainy and foggy could easily have their own or combined weather.ini file and leave the other weathers to the default enbseries.ini file to handle.
I have made a couple of scripts that will allow for fast and easy normalization of weathers, imagespaces and lighting templates, in which I have used to make the base for my ELE-Weathers and ELE-Lite versions. Can be found at my ELE thread over at the Nexus if you are interested.

A high volumetric Rays intensity during foggy weathers makes for an interesting visual look, trust me ;) It's good when one starts to get closer to a look that sticks and doesn't need constant adjustment which allows gameplay to be had. I haven't really played any games like I used to but Dragon Age: Inquisition have brought back the enjoyment of playing games for me, so really happy about that :D

Eh, it's the way I like it. Keeping my head and hands busy keeps the craziness of silence away ;) But yeah modding is truly a hobby and nothing else and there are of course more important things to do than that.
Thank you, for all your support and boosting of spirit :)

I download v49, and have this - https://screencloud.net/v/qO2o
With any ENB. Other versions same :? I use Real Clouds.
How to fix this?

My load order:
With ELFX
- ELE - Spell and Torch Lighting.esp
- EnhancedLightsandFX.esp +DLC esp
- ELE - Interior Lighting.esp +DLC esp
- ELE - Weathers.esp +DLC esp
- ELE - Weather Addition.esp

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Have you confirmed that it is any of my files that is causing it, by uninstalling it?
I vaguely remember sch an issue in the past being posted and that I myself experienced but it went away by itself and I haven't had it since. Most likely it is a game engine fault but it could also be a texture problem, cloud textures.

Hmm... Strange... I reinstall ELFX, RealClouds and (!!!) Enchanced Blood Textures. All ok :roll: Strange...

Thank you for this superb mod!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I would bet it has to do with the game engine in itself having trouble on rare occassions to load up things as they should. Or something similar, Bethesda is known for their somewhat buggy games.

sorry for stupid question, but ELE is compatible with NLA? :roll:
i can't find any info in the first post, except of "Not compatible with anything that make changes to the weather imagespaces or the weathers.", and NLA changing weathers ... but what about other modules?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Only the ELE weather module is incompatible with NLA, the rest are fine.

In the compatibility section on the first post I have written this for each ELE module/.esp;
  • ELE - "Module"
    - Not compatible with "mod list"

- Compatible with "mod list"

Hello there, I have no bugs to report so far but rather a humble question; excuse me if this is not the right place to discuss it but I can't send pm's yet. Past days I been tweaking my configuration to make this mod's effect: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42392/? to stand out over the overall brightness of the scene, take this SS as a reference where you can see a nice semi-strong glare effect in the candle: http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/1 ... 355099.jpg , but sadly I have to rise the "Lightsprite" option A LOT to make it noticiable and that turns the lightsources into huge glowing orbs. I wonder if I can edit something in your plugins, or, if there's a way to edit objects (meshes, or something inside an extra .esp, etc) like candles and fireplaces directly, giving them a stronger emmitance without touch the whole scene.
Sorry if I didn't clearly explain the idea, english is not my native language.