Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

You can do that easily with a photo editing tool. And since you considered using mesh edits anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't go with the photo editing approach instead, if you only want that to be brighter.

Hey JawZ,

I'm pasting what I said in Minxflux's Particle Patch here so that I don't take over his thread with an irrelvant subject.
OrmrSnaethorsen wrote:Mindflux
You're indeed correct, man.

It was JawZ's ELE-Legendary_Lite.esp (Most recent Nexus version) that was making the changes to these lights.
With ELE disabled the roof cracks return to their warm, yellowish colour.

JawZ
With that said, I'm guessing it may have something to do with the FXWthrInvertWindowsWhiterun & FXWthrInvertLightsWhiterun edits that you make? I haven't had a proper good look at ELE in xEdit yet, but that seems to be the most obvious thing, no?

At this point it's something to take to the ELE - Lite thread on the Nexus, but since I'm using ELE - Lite, ELE - Weather (v49) and RS for my ENB preset, a 'fix' would be nice :D

*EDIT*

Okay. I can confirm that by deleting the FXWthrInvertWindowsWhiterun & FXWthrInvertLightsWhiterun edits from ELE - Lite, everything returned back to this:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The reason why the roof cracks where so intense is because they do not have the same setup as the windows does, less and/or alternate color manipulation done on them through textures.

Okay, understood.

What were the purpose of those particular edits? (FXWthrInvertWindowsWhiterun & FXWthrInvertLightsWhiterun)

@JawZ: Yes I tried that but it still inefficient. I'm Gonna try again...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

OrmrSnaethorsen;
Create a more normalized color appearance for windows, FX particles and a few light bulbs that use it, in the vanilla game, as a emittance value.

Zouotheist;
Then the other option would be to alter the meshes emissive values with NIFSkope, which will cause incompatibility with other mods that alter that mesh.

Heya, I am making a new shiny clean install and I'm looking to get away from CoT and ELFX and I stumbled over your plesent lil corner!

I was hoping to try and Relighting Skyrim and ELE together as it seems they play well together. But am I right in saying that I install all modules except for the Light Bulb one and I am golden?

Also cab ELE be used WITHOUT an ENB. I know ELE Lite from the nexus can be, but the full suite I aint too sure about

*sensei*

Jawz, might i ask, what did you do to the skymesh to reduce banding ?

Is it just a question of making the dome more poly's so the vertex colors can be smoothed more gradually ?

I want to edit the skymesh from Fallout to behave the same, it would be nice to have a good idea as to what needs to be done to it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

uncleseano;

ELE, all versions, can be used without ENBSeries. Nothing can be adjusted to only work with ENBSeries with the content I'm working with, I'm testing ELE both with and without ELE to make sure none of the visual changes will look different with or without ENBSeries.
ELE is just developed in a way that makes adjustemnts done through any type of post-processing tool to be easier.

Relighting Skyrim have will replace ELE - Light Bulbs when Relighting Skyrim reaches v4.0, version I will release, and can be considered as a replacement now as well, not as technically good as the upcoming version but visually just the same goodness.

Marcurios;
I have not added or removed any vertices. I have only altered the vertices color to have abtter blend between each vertex row, from the bottom horizon to the top of sky dome.
I have a couple of new ideas I'm going to experiment with to see if it can become an even better sky mesh without issues with or without ENBSeries running.
Will see when that will be done.

*sensei*

oh ok, so they did a hard transition between vertex colors and you smoothed them out a bit ?