Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB

CruNcher
Are you by any chance using a mod called Better Forests and Environments? It used to have a bug like that, not sure if it's been since fixed (probably).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't remember any specific mod that caused LOD issues like this, sorry CruNcher :|

On other news I just completed the ELE Dawnguard - Imagespaces module full coverage, some tweaks needed though.

Vanilla Dawnguard HQ entrance

ELE Dawnguard HQ entrance

Vanilla

ELE Training area

EDIT:

And here is Black Briar Lodge before/after ELE. Same ENB settings and only using the ELE - Imagespace module for Skyrim.

Before

After

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux wrote:CruNcher
Are you by any chance using a mod called Better Forests and Environments? It used to have a bug like that, not sure if it's been since fixed (probably).
nope but i use a mod called illuminated trees lod and as i see many people report currently problems with it

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17984/

so i guess i just have to kick out illuminated trees lod and see what happens with the rendering result, it doesn't must be the case that it causes the issues but so much reports are a little suspicious and i would be a fool not to start debugging there, especially as this clearly is some lod issue :)

also what prod80 writes is very sane in combination with the lod settings
Quick reply I'll put a screenshot up tonight, so you can see what I mean...
Just as a general info; I have no extra flora overhauls (or single tree edits) besides SFO and installed yours over it. Using ENB as well (as anybody should actually)

Distant trees are only showing trunks but no or little branches...

Before that I will first reset my ini files... if there's anything in there causing it, would be good for you to know as well as there's some posts about this ... or perhaps your ini file has certain tree LOD fade distances and so on which work well with your mod, as you have stated already that you made this mod to work well on your system... dunno...

I love this mod, its a very good one... just this "trunks only view" is a bit annoying... like to get to the bottom of it en enjoy it fully

Cheers, keep up the good work

EDIT: Just a side note, which SFO version is this mod for exactly?
Seems after prod80s post he found the bug in his mod :)
M'kay, I just reinstalled Skyrim, and I reinstalled SFO. Now I have the bug. I must have had different lod meshes or an older version of SFO before, or something. >_<
At least now I should be able to fix it. I have a pretty good guess as to what's causing it after seeing it in-game and your screens.
though no update since then so i gonna check and post my comment about this :)

i guess it was some Engine update as i don't remember to have seen this with 1.6 and 1.7 just recently moved to 1.9 and because of the bugs im now back @ 1.8

so i guess i have to update a lot now to get a clear state for 1.8

and this illuminated tree lod is one thing i gonna take a close look @

and then i gonna check all the other lod mods like the map lod and so on

Enabled Illuminated trees lod

Disabled illuminated trees lod

now i gonna change the lod fade setting and see what happens

apart from my bug hunting progress report some nice ELE shot not sure which weather it switched to here :)

getting evening very very nice smooth transition :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For testing purposes I would backup my current textures, meshes, script and other mod files and make sure it wasn't loaded by Skyrim by either renaming folders/files or move them out of the Skyrim folder then I would generate new default skyrim .ini files with only the necessary enb settings properly set and see if it helps with the lod issue. If it goes away you will know that it's something fixable by either removing a mod or correct some settings in the .ini. I recommend removing the mods with the files first and try it out and then try generating new skyrim .ini files so you won't have to do as much guesswork as if you were to remove everything at once.

They sure are :) most likely the SkyrimCloudy for Pineforest areas, especially if you came from the helgen falkreath direction. If you came from the Whiterun direction it might be SkyrimCloudy_TU. the SkyrimTundra and SkyrimPineForest regions meet up at Riverwood ;)

EDIT:

My current imagespace module released is in a complete state, covers every Skyrim Interior (I have also covered every Dawnguard interior now) except for 8 worldspace interiors. The only thing left to do is the fine-tuning to bring back a bit more of the vanilla atmosphere to each interior set, such as Fog and coloring of it, some interiors will be a bit more bloomy (Blackreach for instance) and minor changes to the Directional Ambient color based on where in the interior you are. Take for instance Bleak Falls Barrow (dungeon with "first" dragonclaw use) in the beginning it is a big hole to the exterior now that area should be brighter than the rest of the interior cell (most of the areas at least). Such fine-tuning is left to do, and then there is the performance "booster" which will be implemented at the same time or re-worked if they are already placed in a cell that needs to have rearranged a bit for better use. Also the adaptation needs some new values, I applied the vanilla values to them all as when I tested it out in one interior cell it didn't seem to affect anything then I did some more work and it was working but the speed of it was a bit low, so for the time being set adjust the vanilla adaptation in your enbeffect.fx to better suit your setup. code for controlling can be found in my uploaded enbeffect.fx over at my enb resources thread in the download section here at ENBDev.

*sensei*

(continuation from gallery post)

Cool, I'll probably give this a quick test here pretty soon. ;) Having a "completed" lighting model in this game is something that I've wanted to see for a long time. RLO came close, but yet so far. About those ambient lights and the IBL for interiors etc. That would be cool, because the IndirectLighting can only go so far. We probably need an IL for pointlighting functions as well, not just the ambient to really make it look like a "true" lighting effect. Maybe Boris will cook something up in the future. :)

Still, this is alot better than we had before when the game came out.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do that and hope it will make your interiors look better :) I have assigned the ambient color as I have with the exteriors so it does actually enhance the SSAO and IL effects slightly better than vanilla and the ELFX Enhancer. I think they look and feel more in place now, the shadows rendered by SSAO that is but there is still improvements to be had on that department.
IBL would be nice to have as well as Skylighting but if it is not possible or would end up disabling/"destroy" some of the effects/features than it would of course not be considered to be added. Pointlighting IL is probably not that easy to do without some heavy modifications from Boris and might not be possible without source code, I don't really know for sure though maybe Boris will jump in and correct my thoughts here.

Here is a thread I found very informative and fun to read on light rendering - http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~ritschel/Papers/SSDO.pdf

Have no idea how it compares to Boris SSAO+IL though as I'm no code wiz.

Well that is for damn sure even though it is not completed :P ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

[quote="--JawZ--"]For testing purposes I would backup my current textures, meshes, script and other mod files and make sure it wasn't loaded by Skyrim by either renaming folders/files or move them out of the Skyrim folder then I would generate new default skyrim .ini files with only the necessary enb settings properly set and see if it helps with the lod issue. If it goes away you will know that it's something fixable by either removing a mod or correct some settings in the .ini. I recommend removing the mods with the files first and try it out and then try generating new skyrim .ini files so you won't have to do as much guesswork as if you were to remove everything at once.

They sure are :) most likely the SkyrimCloudy for Pineforest areas, especially if you came from the helgen falkreath direction. If you came from the Whiterun direction it might be SkyrimCloudy_TU. the SkyrimTundra and SkyrimPineForest regions meet up at Riverwood ;)

arghhh i shouldn't have regenerated skyrimprefs.ini :(

after regeneration with ULTRA settings and it's even 3 fps slower and you see absolute nothing anymore :(

of course i have a backup i never imagined it could change the whole look this way though all the default ENB settings are enabled like before but it completely changed the rendering result into a very dark one where everything goes lost and nothing of brightness or gama changed in the ini it's entirely lod it seems most probably the light lod.
Last edited by CruNcher on 26 May 2013, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well at least you made a backup and have rooted out the skyim .ini files from the possible issues ;) Too bad that it did not fix your problem though :|

Have you tried removing any and every mod files in the data folder though? when and if you do that I would recommend starting a new test save just for the sake of any scripts still lingering about in your previous save games that might cause the LOD issue. As I said just for testing purposes ;) And as always make backup of your files even things that you don't think will be affected.

It was a pretty big change from the previous images in the same scene :shock:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yep really crazy now is that the default rendering result is brighter then my ENB now

Default Rendering with Ultra Settings

This is crazy W.A.T.E.R in the Default ULTRA Setting Rendering is now translucent like back the days with ENB and SSAO

Though you have to imagine im using a very old W.A.T.E.R that wasn't updated, the engine must have changed a lot from where i started with my ENB

same for my ENB output which is though much darker now

so practically all the skyrimprefs changes doesn't mirror any state of back then in previous engine versions which means i might have forced so much onto the render output that made it ultimately slow without needing it anymore and it would be much much more efficient to start from scratch :(
Last edited by CruNcher on 26 May 2013, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah I have no idea how your previous settings were in the skyrim .ini files so can't really help you in rooting out the cause for the difference between them.