Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB

It might be as I guess you are thinking about that the default weather is the one "loaded" when one uses the console command FW in the console and while the console is up it uses that weather along with the imagespace for that weather. Is that what you meant? Either way I will look into that.

You can look at these pages to see what the imagespace and weather covers.

Imagespace values - http://www.creationkit.com/ImageSpace

Weather - http://www.creationkit.com/Weather

It's hard to tell if it's the tint in the imagespace or Fog, ambient or direct RGB values or any other weather value that affects a lot of the scene that is causing it. No weather that I know of uses a "Parent" weather, it's either weather type 81a/SkyrimClear that is loaded or 12f89/SkyrimCloudy that is loaded at one time with the assigned imagespace to that certain weather type.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

First Results adapting to ELE :)

Default Weather:

Skyrim Clear:

Default Weather:

Skyrim Clear:

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks good :) But there are some differences between the DefaultWeather and ELE weathers. I have eyet to see that it's actually being used in the game though but I can add the ELE base settings to it so it won't differ that much just in case I have missed an area that uses that weather ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Im not sure why but i really dont like the blue atmosphere tint of the Skyrimclear weather compared to the Default, though it looks like every light mod ignores it and includes it.
Im sure this isn't fog but some Bethesda idea of hey look a nice blueish tone in the background makes it feel more fantasy, as it creeps over every texture in the whole space but the more dense the more visible it becomes, thus especially in the DOF blur it becomes very visible.

No please don't kill the Default Weather it's a nice Reference Point without this blue tint and without this heavy light effect on the specular which in some cases can backfire a lot if you have textures that have more structure and light as such :)

I even made this effect of it visible :)

Defaultweather doesn't react that way

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well when the new ALPHA build is released you can have a look at the new more refined weathers and see if it still has that blue atmosphere. But just to point out blue is a heavy used color in almost all weather conditions in real life too you know ;) There are of course weathers with a stronger reddish or green color.

I just remembered that I can't touch because if I do I make ELE weathers incompatible with Enhanced lights and FX, yeah I know yet another one who edits a weather in a Light bulb mod :roll:

Nice :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Update:

I've finished the new NMM Installer script and will soon have the new ELE ALPHA build uploaded, just need to take 2 pictures for the NMM Installer and go over the modules one last time and it will be uploaded.

EDIT:

New version is up with the new NMM Installer. Feedback on the modules, sun texture and NMM Installer would be appreciated :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I really like this overall rendering result it's Gameplay and it's Realtime, though i have to work on the Specular part a lot it's still very flat :)

Defaultweather

Skyrimclear

i dunno but i would prefer Defaultweather over Skyrimclear there is so much more Depth or am i just imagine it ?

it almost feels like the whole SSAO gets eaten up by Skyrimclear and shines with the Defaultweather ?

Saved the Frame as another Test Scene

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I would try with adding more contrast through the enbeffect.fx to get back that "depth" to the scene.

I have set contrast, brightness and saturation to 1.0 so it would be possible for the users to add a bunch of contrast for example and not have it be too much in one place or too little in another.

Is that with the latest version? and what time is it sunset or sunrise? I have spent more time in the sunset than in the sunrise with latest release.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ-- wrote:I would try with adding more contrast through the enbeffect.fx to get back that "depth" to the scene.

I have set contrast, brightness and saturation to 1.0 so it would be possible for the users to add a bunch of contrast for example and not have it be too much in one place or too little in another.

Is that with the latest version? and what time is it sunset or sunrise? I have spent more time in the sunset than in the sunrise with latest release.
latest version
5:45 PM

also concentrating entirely on the environment rendering i see now a lot of issues in my setup

just plain ugly that lod of the distant trees, and they really not that far away, must be a bug in a mod i use that i didn't updated since ages this becomes immediately visible if you compare with those nice rendered trees :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Did it occur before you installed the latest ELE version? Not that it should behave like that as I haven't experienced it with ELE installed. Are you running any of the latest ENB Betas? as those have had a LOD bug in them, the latest beta I tested just before 0.170 was released still caused a LOD bug but it only occurred during cell loading and disappeared for me almost immediately, I barely had time to notice it.

And I do remember that I used a mod that caused LOD to appear around my character, it was like the game engine stopped updating and didn't load the higher quality meshes and textures but that was a long time ago and can't remember the name of that mod.