Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 5 June-14

--STATUS UPDATE--

Semester Projects all but completed and finished, back to the modding board

I just thought I would let you guys know that I have finished the household projects I had during my semester.
Or at least enough so i can move my PC system back into the "Man Cave" of mine and and assemble the system and later on start working on game mods again.
During the week I will try to have some updates uploaded for you, for being patient about the over due updates.

One of the projects;
Finished Painting, for now by anders.wedin, on Flickr

Finished Painting, for now by anders.wedin, on Flickr

It's looking great mate. Quite a bit of progress since the last photos on Flickr! :) Now I want to do something with the house, too ...

This is a wonderful mod. Seriously, thank you. After stumbling around TES5Edit, I maneged to merge the Interior Lighting plugins for Skyrim and the DLC. Hopefully that won't break anything, because I desperately need the space.

Hey, quick piece of advice. I was in Tes5EDIT (newest version here: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php ... -tes5edit/ ), checking for conflicts, and this mod heavily conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. You should load your files and the USKP, and use the Apply Filter to show Conflict Losers option. Many USKP edits need to be carried forward. Numerous records conflict. With the changes your doing, an easy way is to load the USKP alongside your files in the Creation Kit if you can, so that any changes carry forward USKP edits. Also, many ITM's are in the mod (test versions, but thats expected considering that they are test versions).

If you can't find the time, I can do this for you after your next update.

Welp... I wouldn't dream of reposting your work anywhere (for starters), but... I'm the creator of the WAO (Weather and Ambience Overhaul) Megapatch on NexusMods, and I've had requests for compatibility with ELE.

I wanted to let you know that I'm working on a compatibility version (along the lines of marmo's SOS-ELE patch) that allows ELE to be used without conflict by WAO users. No assets of yours are used, but it will relate to (and require) your ELE, so I wanted to be sure you were okay with it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey the man-cave looks awesome - feels good to do home projects doesn't it? :-) I just patched 3 holes in the living room my dog made and fixed the window sill he chewed up (luckily that was when he was younger). Took me forever but place looks like new.

Looking forward to an ELE update. My friend Heidi has been using it a lot (helping me test) with GSE. Two shots she sent me with ELE, RLS, and GSE:

I was also chatting with Tali about interior fog effects and how they can add to the lighting and mood. Believe she said you keep fog in many places but removed it from others. She adores ELE but the lack of some fog in some places can cause a scene to loose its Z-Depth and Atmospheric perspective. Not sure on what might have prompted that but have you considered a version with the fog intact? Just curious what your thoughts are when it comes to the fog (dust, smoke, mist, etc.) that you see in many dungeon interiors.

Thanks for the recent status update and post JawZ!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

PS - A while back I asked if I could host a version on the GSE preset page and you said yes as long as I provided credit and a link to this thread ... so I finally had some time to do that and just wanted to let you know. I started a forum thread on the preset page for feedback and images on it. I have no idea at all if anyone will contribute to the thread but figured what the heck. Once you release the next update I may try to integrate it a bit more with a preset version as well ... depends on time and when the update hits :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fequois;

Tack du :) vart full fokus på att bli klar och hade inte dator systemet ihop satt för att kunna lägga upp bilder på det under arbets tiden.
Ska börja med att tillverka prototyp/test möbler nu, ska göra en "simpel" hylla för att se att mina tankar om arbets processerna är riktiga. Och att de är effektiva med attraktiva slut resultat, länge sen jag bearbetade trä på detta sättet jag kommer att göra, så får se hur det slutar ;)

Aether;

Glad you like it even it's unfinished state Aether :)
I've been working on the weather part of ELE some more now and they have come out beatifully, every type of weather I've covered so far :)
There shouldn't be any problems when merging the modules/plugins together as they don't have anything in common in terms of content. No duplicated names or objects/references. Only possible problem would be in the merging process itself.

FireFreak111;

I have checked the Unofficial Patches and most of the conflicts are caused by aesthetically pleasing changes done by the USKP author, they don't handle bug fixes. There is one type of conflict type that might be worth adding into one of the ELE type modules, but that's it as far as I can remember.
And yeah the test versions might include some ITM's, but I have written that that is a possibility, because of them being test versions.

UnmeiX;

I saw that and thought there would be an ELE type of plugin added eventually. Glad to see you showing mod authors some respect by asking permission for doing a compatability plugin.
So yes go ahead and do so, I appreciate that you think ELE is worth spending some time on to make it more universally compatible with other mods content by creating a patch or patches.

wolfgrimdark;

Hey there wolfgrim, and thanks :) It certainly does, been some time since I actually created something with my own two hands now, at least when it comes to acutally finish what I started. Too bad I haven't been able to afford an projector to be able to test the projector screen yet. And know I've gotten struck by the "building muse" once more, and it gave me the idea to build a curved screen for 3 projectors.
These "inner demons" will be the death of me, economically that is :lol:
A little can go a long way, on paper re-painting a room doesn't sound like much but in practice it makes all the difference ;) Yeah dogs and they're need for a chewing toy, funny thing is that even if you buy a truck load of chewing toys they will still use evertyhing but those things that are meant to be chewing toys as chewing toys :lol: I know my parents, who have 5 Russian Hounds/russkaja-gontjaja, 2 Bichon havanais and 1 Basset hound/Petit Basset Griffon Vendeén currently, have had to replace or refurbish a lot of their furniture and interior accesories because they needed what i would call an unorthodox chewing toy, for lack of a better word :P

Looks great, very moody atmosphere in that dungeon. The newer version of the ELE interior lighting modules will be slightly brighter in it's default state to minimize the crushed black areas. But a simple and easy tweak of the Ambient intensity with ENB will compensate for the probable increased ambient brightness.

Yeah I've been chatting with her as well about that and I was planning on bringing the fog back into most interior cells that would actually make sense to have it.
Having fog levels in for instance a small interior like the Whiterun stables does not make sense to me. That would mean that the house has very bad walls that would allow mist sipping through cracks in the wall during rainy and foggy weathers. I always try to look at effect additions and removals from a realistic point of view to determine why and how this should be done, even if it isn't in any way possible to do it in the game it helps to see it like that to bring some sense of real behavior in to the game.
So larger interiors will have a sensible amount of fog based on how "large" the depth feel is of that particular interior, and I will have the vanilla state of that interior cell in mind when assigning what I think is a proper amount of fog level.

Thanks for letting me know about it. It's a nice idea that might produce some real feedback on how ELE currently looks and what it needs improved or worked upon to become a better lighting mod then it is currently. Not saying the the feedback I've gotten ín this thread and PM's until know have not been real feedback but it doesn't hurt to have another source of possible feedback added into the mix ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wow that is a lot of dogs, sounds like a handful! I thought it was a lot of work with just two :p It is just me and Grimwolf now but content with that until I can find a bigger place. Luckily he has avoided the window sill since I fixed it ... will see how long it lasts even with the chair I put in front of the window.

I haven't gotten a lot of feedback (I wasn't expecting to much knowing how people are with time) but one person did create a 41 image album on Flickr and she was using GSE 4.2.1 along with ELE and Relighting Skyrim so figured I would share the link. Many shots are outside but there are enough interiors to give some idea of how ELE interiors look with GSE. Although really it is only if you are curious.

I have a half-dozen that I know about who really like ELE and GSE because it doesn't alter the vanilla lighting to much, is unobtrusive, and makes the interiors darker (GSE can be fairly bright at times although that is by design for the most part) for them which they like.

Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/therealel ... 5834431399

I think SMC stands for Skyrim Mod Combiner so don't think it affects lighting at all. 15 people have downloaded ELE from my preset area since I uploaded it a few days ago.

Also thanks for the updates on the fog and good to know you are talking with her about it. Fog can look very cool (I have some awesome shots with it - will share a favorite or two below) but makes sense a small place might not have it!

Good to know you are doing well and don't let those inner demons take over to much ... I know how that can go :p

Some fog shots (although note these are NOT with ELE installed - these wore taken while I was tweaking GSE for a patch) Just sharing to show some of the cool fog effects.

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote: Yeah I've been chatting with her as well about that and I was planning on bringing the fog back into most interior cells that would actually make sense to have it.

-- If you would do that i'll make you sure you would make happy lot of people! ELE would be even more adorable with it. My opinion always been clear about it, FOG always must be there regardless realistic or not :p But of course you are the author of ELE and i can't tell which one must be there or not. I can just wish FOG to be added in all places. :)

Cheers!