ENB for Battlefield Vietnam

general download section
  • Author

And now for a game I never expected to work on, but i did out of Boredom........

UPDATE !! June 23, 2013

Went back and redid everything, while taking it much more seriously this time

removed color correction palette, and Motion Blur (for the most part) if it reacts weird Let me know

Added a Proper DoF effects.txt , and made sure that DoF does not interfere with gameplay

This is still being tested and may change in the future, but It is a huge improvement over the previous version.
ENB for Battlefield Vietnam.rar
(105.46 KiB) Downloaded 1609 times
I used the BFV Arsenal mod in these pics, which can be found here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/bfv-arsenal

Last edited by CaptainSkullsaber on 24 Jun 2013, 01:19, edited 2 times in total.

Re: ENB for Battlefield Vietnam

WTF with color?)

Diversant wrote:WTF with color?)
i was trying to go for the 60s stock war footage look. if you don't like it, then either take out or switch out the Palette.bmp

UPDATE!!! because the old version was crap.

*sensei*

Pretty much everyone told you so.

kaffeekranz wrote:Pretty much everyone told you so.

Like who? the guy who asked about the color?

perhaps if someone would have said something, I wouldn't have waited almost a year to redo it

why are you even commenting?
Don't you have to go fondle another persons millionth Skyrim pre-set? I'm sure that never gets old

*sensei*

Last edited by Rubber-De-Flubber on 25 May 2022, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Rubber-De-Flubber wrote:In the screenshots (I don't have Battlefield Vietnam), I'd say my only complaint would be the DoF, otherwise it looks good for an older game. :)

Thanks man! :D

I wish I could do a video, because the screenshots don't really do it justice, but the DoF has more of a "Fallout" sorta feel, and the Focus point is pretty much always where you need it. Plus I find it helps the game's short distance-draw (being an older game) seem less noticeable. And of course, DoF can be turned off or adjusted based on taste.

*sensei*

CaptainSkullsaber wrote: why are you even commenting?
Because you exhibit a tendency to be overly defensive of your stuff, like in that Splinter Cell thread of yours.. it's branded itself into my memory.
And then you're trying to defend yourself with absurd arguments like "Yes, i'm sure you want everything to look clean like a digital camera" - what has that got to do with anything?
Not to be harsh, but your presets aren't any more analogue than anyone else's, they're just tuned to look insanely over the top, representing an "art style" that you're the only one who actually likes.
It's a lot more fun picking on somebody who feels insulted that easily, so maybe, just maybe, you should try acknowledging that you might be getting negative feedback, when you're posting somewhere, where people are enjoying different looks than you do.
Perhaps I'll go fondle another person's Skyrim preset now.

Those Battlefield shots look okay though, I can't even remember what the actual game looked like; BF1942 and BF2 were the only ones I really played, though I bought the Vietnam one.
Outsourced EA game iirc.

Well, did I strike a nerve? My point was more about you saying "everyone told you so" when...well, no one did. If you were referring to a different game, that was not made remotely clear

And, for the record, I don't do this to be popular. When one of my sets only get 30 or so downloads, I'm still tickled pink. I do every one of these sets because I want to see them done, and if others enjoy them, well that's just awesome.

Do I get a bit defensive? Sure! But that is simply because The interwebs is full of people who make judgements based on popularity. Could all this be handled in private messages? Absolutely, but no one is ever willing to do that, it's much more fun (I guess) to throw punches on a public forum, at least that is how things seem to role, so I simply roll with it.

Not a fan of my sets, or even these games? That's perfectly fine! Just don't get snarky, then expect no one to respond to it, because I always will.

And honestly...when you start looking, I guess i'm not all that unpopular. Hell, I just took down a few threads I started because I was unhappy with the product I put out and they had a few hundred downloads themselves. does any of that matter? Nope, but I thought I would just point that out.