New optimized DOF code for K-ENB Extensive & Kountervibe

share shaders here
  • Author

Re: New optimized DOF code for K-ENB Extensive & Kountervibe

Samurai_Smartie wrote:Been playing Dragonborn with this for a good 2 days, using static DOF and quality 1.
You should up quality to 2 at least:)
Thanks for testing!
Samurai_Smartie wrote: No problems to report, the rendering time is usually around 0.0020 seconds.
coc DLC2ThirskMeadHallExterior01
Can't help. My modification along with the whole DOF code can't cause game crash. It's famous shitty bethesda's engine:)

*master*

Never said anything about a crash :?:

And yes though i might be able to use Quality 2 i dont see any reason.
I did side by side comparisons, and all i noticed was that DOF got stronger with better quality and my FPS went south big time.
As long as DOF doesnt get pixellated ill stick to quality 1. Need all the FPS i can get since im playing the game with it, not just taking screens.

but

Big thanks for optimizing that DOF code!

/PS

gonna pop in Oyamas original DOFe just to see the performance (difference if i can be arsed)

Samurai_Smartie wrote:Never said anything about a crash :?:
Yeah... I was having a phone call about some software crash at my work and this obviously affected my understanding :lol:
Samurai_Smartie wrote:As long as DOF doesnt get pixellated ill stick to quality 1. Need all the FPS i can get since im playing the game with it, not just taking screens.
That's why I tried to optimize this code a bit. I used to play at quality 1, but 2 shouldn't take that much performance and looks much better. Now I play at 3, but 4 or 5 are also playable - just don't like that much of blur.
Samurai_Smartie wrote:gonna pop in Oyamas original DOFe just to see the performance (difference if i can be arsed)
At quality 1 there should be almost no difference in performance - Oyamas' code takes exactly same amount of samples. The better the quality, the bigger performance boost you should get.

Hi I just wanted to post some feedback. This is awesome. I've just swapped it in and immediately got a performance boost but more importantly a much smoother game. I've been tweaking with my own custom preset for a few weeks now. I have to really compromise to keep performance up as I (stupidly) bought a 30" monitor a year or so ago and getting good FPS at 2560x1600 is a challenge with ENB. Your DOF code is really slick!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So I have tried out the DoF a bit now and I like it a lot to quoute the king of comedy ;)
I have not noticed any issues with it during the times I had DoF enabled.

I was wondering if it would be ok by you if I upload a somewhat extended GUI version of this with my new beginner preset?
Preset I'm talking about - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40732/?

--JawZ-- wrote:I was wondering if it would be ok by you if I upload a somewhat extended GUI version of this with my new beginner preset?
Sorry for late response.... Been busy at work :(
Do with my code whatever you want.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No worries, I always assume there is something more important that stalls a response ;)
Thanks for that and will be sure to to give proper credits for the contributions you did :)

Just gave this a run - maaaaaaassive performance boost over FastDOF, at least in the quick first run I did. Well done - that was a problem for me, because DOF was sucking up a lot of processing power and I was too stupid to figure out how to turn the settings down a bit :(

I've only just played for a few minutes, so I can't really say for sure, but occasionally new shader seemed to get a little crazy with constant refocusing. No hard evidence, just a feeling.

well done, I'm a fan of this.