GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed - final update v2

share shaders here
  • Author

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed --- update-082

icelaglace wrote:Haha, summer holidays hmm? :)

Anyway I just tried your code; it seems to work fine! amazing.
But is there a way to "trigger" it faster? I mean my character motion blur is like 3 taps only; not smooth at all, compared to the car one which is very smooth.
Maybe visualsettings.dat? or is there something I can change on the code?
Just wondering :D

Thank you very much again mate.
The taps is from "int motionBlurSamples=int(_c80.x * MaxMotionBlurSamples);" and _c80.x is the speed of camera motion(from 0 to 1.0).
Maybe you can changed the motionBlurSamples with others to speed up the trigger.
;)

*master*

Hehe, great. Thank you mate; gonna try that <3

Re: GTA4 Depth of Field and Motion Blur Fixed

icelaglace wrote: To explain you what I want to do is in the ADOF , there are 4 floats

Code: Select all

float4 vDofParams=float4(NearBlurDepth, FocalPlaneDepth, FarBlurDepth, MaxBlurAmount)
And I wanted the FarBlurDepth as a keyboard controlled value; like you know, these tech demos with sliders. Might be great for screenshots without having to look at the object in the middle of the screen.
You could seperate them like this in the .fx file and then modify until you like it

float NearBlurDepth = -45.0; // Distance for Near Blur Depth
float FocalPlaneDepth = 1.5; // Depth of Focal Plane
float FarBlurDepth = 900.0; // Distance for Far Blur Depth
float MaxBlurAmount = 0.65; // Amount of maximum blur

*master*

I don't want to tweak the values. gp65cj04 tweaked them right. they don't need any editing to me.
You didn't understand my point.

Lens flare test

Ouu that's a sexy full light spectrum looking flare ahah

*master*

Looks nice mate;
Maybe too much dirty stuff on the screen. The spectrum stuff, I did it using the lenz code actually.
Will it affect only the sun or all the game? (like the other lens)
Boris told me it's TempParameters.w that allows this if i remember (shape) because I asked him about doing something like this few days ago.
But I'm focused on the bloom atm.

icelaglace wrote:Looks nice mate;
Maybe too much dirty stuff on the screen. The spectrum stuff, I did it using the lenz code actually.
Boris told me it's TempParameters.w that allows this if i remember (shape) because I asked him about doing something like this few days ago.
There is no way to avoid affect other bright source, however the new lens effect looks not bad.
Now, the problem is that becasue of it's done in the enbbloom.fx and enbbloom.fx can't get any external textures, I must mix it with enbplatte.bmp (only 0.082beta can use it) in the enbeffect.fx that will also affect the bloom... I can't solve this by myself.

*master*

gp65cj04 wrote:
There is no way to avoid affect other bright source, however the new lens effect looks not bad.
Now, the problem is that becasue of it's done in the enbbloom.fx and enbbloom.fx can't get any external textures, I must mix it with enbplatte.bmp (only 0.082beta can use it) in the enbeffect.fx that will also affect the bloom... I can't solve this by myself.
Yeah, Boris told me that; but he was okay to modify this or maybe I understood wrong (we'll see what he can say) I think he did something like this later on Skyrim anyway. Didn't play Skyrim in a while (still have 0.114)
I never use enbpalette.bmp anyway, is it on pre-pass?
Yeah it looks nice mate, told you + combined with a good bloom; can be excellent.
Want my bloom maybe? I used the airo disk stuff from Skyrim + anamorphic by matso little tweaked + lenz code by boris @ 15 steps for better lens effect.

icelaglace wrote:
gp65cj04 wrote:
Yeah, Boris told me that; but he was okay to modify this or maybe I understood wrong (we'll see what he can say) I think he did something like this later on Skyrim anyway. Didn't play Skyrim in a while (still have 0.114)
I never use enbpalette.bmp anyway, is it on pre-pass?
Yeah it looks nice mate, told you + combined with a good bloom; can be excellent.
Want my bloom maybe? I used the airo disk stuff from Skyrim + anamorphic by matso little tweaked + lenz code by boris @ 15 steps for better lens effect.
s13 is enbpalette and it's in the enbeffect.fx.
If there is a way to seperate lens flare code from enbbloom.fx and it can load external texture would be nice...