TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim

mindflux wrote:DogStar, thanks for the screens. Sadly I don't know the cause right off the bat, but I have hunch it might have something do with tone-mapping, palette and saturation settings - do you also have pretty saturated distant fog? Try drastically lowering saturation as well as perhaps tone-mapping curve and see what happens. It might turn out to be difficult to fix without making extreme changes to the setup or resorting to CK (in which fiddling with water multiplier could perhaps help).

Trillville, gorgeous! Are you using COT or did you just nick the clouds?
Thanks for the suggestions mindflux... I'll certainly play around. Fortunately its not affecting the config I adapted, but there are some others I would like to use that suffer this issue, but as you say any changes to correct it may have drastic consequences to the rest of the set-up.

If anyone else has any notions then please chip-in :)
haints wrote:Sorry to go a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if any of the official patches conflict with ENB (or any other mods for that matter?)

I stopped patching a while ago after I read about conflicts but I'm wondering what the situation is now ...
I have not had any issues with ENB or any mods myself [currently running the 1.7beta], but I am only using graphical enhancement mods, rather than gameplay... I think gameplay mods are more likely to be affected by the patches, esp. those that are attempting to correct existing game issues.

Always best to take a back-up of the Skyrim.exe before running a patch.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DogStar, let us know how it goes. I think saturation can often fool the eye especially as tone-mapping settings affect the output quite a lot, so it's all too easy to just keep adding it bit by bit until you run into problems such as those.

Looks great, Samurai Smartie. The fog indeed creates quite a lot of depth to the scene.

A couple of hapless evening shots from the Falkreath area - the only area that works pretty fine now:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wow, beautiful my friend !
Are these downsampled ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks sir, and sure they are, my eagle-eyed friend - from 1900X1200 with injected FXAA and presharpening.

As you can see, I still haven't given up on FXAA and I'm still a lousy cheater 8-)

Some new Screens of my custom ENB. Hope u enjoy them

*sensei*

mindflux wrote:DogStar, let us know how it goes. I think saturation can often fool the eye especially as tone-mapping settings affect the output quite a lot, so it's all too easy to just keep adding it bit by bit until you run into problems such as those.
Okay, I've got it and its my old friend 'Adaptation' ;)

I've used trillvilles TV_ENB here as I found the water a little bright for my taste, but please don't take it as a criticism, as its set up to his liking and not mine... for me its simply a learning curve with ENB which I do find hard to get to grips with.

So, changing in ENBeffect

//POSTPROCESS 2
#if (POSTPROCESS==2)
//float EBrightnessV2=0.70;
float EAdaptationMinV2=0.14;
float EAdaptationMaxV2=0.98;

To

//POSTPROCESS 2
#if (POSTPROCESS==2)
//float EBrightnessV2=0.70;
float EAdaptationMinV2=0.55;
float EAdaptationMaxV2=0.05;

Gives this.

Instead of this.

It does throw out other lighting values, which I quickly changed, but did not balance it out to the original... it also changes cloud, sky and volumetric values, and whether you can get it back to the way trillville or anyone else intended may not be possible... again its a case of one thing throwing out another.

I'm surprised adaptation is the culprit here, as I thought of it more as something that changed the overall lighting, going between dark and light, rather than making some things stand out such as white water.

*master*

@DogStar
Ahh, this is very interesting. I would never have thought to play with the adaption values. Nice work! Also, it seems to improve the fog in the distance, which I guess is an added bonus. I'll have to check this out and see if I can finally get rid of that water problem, which I've been ignoring up until now. (And I hope nobody thought I deliberately added glowing water lol.)

i5-2500k 4.3 Ghz, GTX 580 1.5 GB, 8gb RAM

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DogStar, nice detective work indeed! I too would have never imagined adaptation was to blame. It seems like your new values darken the brightest elements quite a bit and that's probably why the water also gets darkened. Your new settings are pretty off-beat (max is less than min), so it's perhaps a good idea to test in different conditions to see how the settings react.

As far as adaptation is concerned, HD6's static adaptation is a much safer bet, albeit I'll be the first to admit that ENB adaptation looks and feels heaps better. I have fancied moving to dynamic adaptation for quite some time now, but haven't made the move yet... I'm such a wussy.

*sensei*

Thanks guys... I know the max/min values seem really bizarre, but for some reason it works... if you lower the min, things will get brighter, though the water still remains more natural... so, you can use the min value to vary the overall brightness... there maybe other ways to approach it however.

Glad your okay with it trillville... I didn't want you think I was picking holes in your config, as for me its the very best... as I keep saying ;)

Here are some shots using TV_ENB with the adaptation tweak, and incorporating my colour values... I adore what you've done with the bloom, so it great to bring some of my preferences to your work..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Remembers me about the heavy problems i had with adaption and TV_ENB on HD 2000 where every move it would flicker like crazy and every sun intensity change.
Adaption imho is a beast to tweak right especially counting again all the different possibilities i guess adaption is also the case i got some strange glowing out point lights in Dungeons though i had adaption disabled but unfortunately you cant disable bethesdas own it seems you can only lower it http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12314 :( . Especially i don't like it if it changes texture visibility from one to the other second :(

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard