TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

Distant stuff looks great. What are your ugrids set to?
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*sensei*

5, as it was by default. I have everything set to default, as my game crashes like crazy with HD textures or increased detail distance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Are you using any higher detail LOD or anything? When I tried decreasing fog like that the LOD just looked like crap, flickering mountains, etc...
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

Dogstar: Thanks, but I'm hiding my main issue so you can't see just how bright direct lighting is atm while looking directly at it on an object ;)

Riverwood got invaded

*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Confidence-Man, did you increase the far fog range sufficiently? I think you also need to decrease ambient lighting or increase the curve to prevent the mountains looking too washed out, and even then, the LOD trees (especially the snowy ones) tend to look like poo. Anyway, I sometimes suffer from flickering mountains (z-fighting) as well, I guess it's normal.

Gorgeous stuff again, dpeasant. My game's also very crash prone with higher uGrids, so I had to revert back.

DogStar, well said. I too think the devil's literally in the details, and it's all too easy to overlook them. Great screens, love the artistic tones.

Cool stuff, everyone else as well!

*sensei*

eldyraen wrote:Dogstar: Thanks, but I'm hiding my main issue so you can't see just how bright direct lighting is atm while looking directly at it on an object ;)
Well, they look great regardless 8-)
mindflux wrote:DogStar, well said. I too think the devil's literally in the details, and it's all too easy to overlook them. Great screens, love the artistic tones.

Cool stuff, everyone else as well!
Cheers... one of my favourite areas in your shot; the distance always looks so real, looking towards Falkreath... love your cooler colours.

@dpeasant... superb us usual... waiting impatiently for a release ;)

I'm running the risk of over-saturation I think.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks DogStar, definitely one of my favourite areas too - love the atmosphere. I actually asked the author of Lake Ilinalta Expanded (here) if he'd want to put some extra detail into the Falkreath woods as well, and as it happens, he promised to give it a try. His Ilinalta stuff is good, detailed but not over-the-top, so I'm very much looking forward.

Over-saturation, what's that? :D Don't think so, looks just great to me. There's a very nice painterly feeling into the screens that I really like. Actually, I'll take the last screen as a yardstick as to how I want the characters to look.

Mindflux, your colours around Falkreath look gorgeous. Beautiful strong greens, but still conveying a chill climate. Really impressive!

What are people's thoughts on SSAO? I'm still not sure if I like the effect. This shot below has SSAO deactivated because I thought there was already enough contrast and dark areas. With SSAO on it kind of... blacked out the image. I wish I had taken a second shot with SSAO on for comparison now...

I'm playing around with making the SSAO effect more subtle though. I'm assuming Sampling Range is the best line to play around with for that? I've lowered it to 0.08 for now, but I'm still not happy with it. At least it solved the issue of 'black glow' around characters. But they still get heavily shadowed black eyes at times.

EDIT: OH! Using a modified version of Trilville's fantastic TV ENB by the way. Best ENB I've found so far: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11930

*master*

Darkstorne wrote:Mindflux, your colours around Falkreath look gorgeous. Beautiful strong greens, but still conveying a chill climate. Really impressive!

What are people's thoughts on SSAO? I'm still not sure if I like the effect. This shot below has SSAO deactivated because I thought there was already enough contrast and dark areas. With SSAO on it kind of... blacked out the image. I wish I had taken a second shot with SSAO on for comparison now...

I'm playing around with making the SSAO effect more subtle though. I'm assuming Sampling Range is the best line to play around with for that? I've lowered it to 0.08 for now, but I'm still not happy with it. At least it solved the issue of 'black glow' around characters. But they still get heavily shadowed black eyes at times.
Well from my own perspective as an ENB consumer i find that on most ENB's the SSAO is too harsh and "thickens" shadows too much. Trees that already have self shadowing get extremely dark even at high noon. However there are configs that combat this with either high values of indirect lighting or with ambient lighting (i dont know exactly what does it), for example all the Opethfeldt configs, Maken's, The Wilds ENB from the Nexus and Kalicola's too for some extend.
However after using ENB's SSAO on my old GTX 460 i find myself now using the Nvidia SSAO with my new GTX670. Kinda odd but ENB's SSAO has a few flaws that were annoying me greatly, like transparent water and with the latest ENB series a nasty tendency to accentuate low-poly geometry like here:

PS:
I believe in ENB 0.114 i believe the swich for Indirect Lighting is broken. IL is activated regardless of "UseIndirectLighting=false"