TES Skyrim v0.102 Tatsudoshi

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim v0.102 Tatsudoshi

May be some software like evga, d3d overider, afterburn, xfire running at same time?

very interesting thing..

yesterday i installed the nvidia skyrim drivers (290.53).
i set ambient occlusion to QUALITY in the nvidia driver settings as nvidia modded the ambient occlusion with the quality setting in this new driver and now the enb mod looks like it should!

i had different colors before but nothing else. now it looks fantastic!! and i have enough fps to play it with ultra settings and fxaa, ssao and dof, even with flora HD textures.

i am using the takudoshi settings again instead of gionight because with the nvidia skyrim driver and ssao set to quality it looks like nothing can look better in the future.

also the crash when starting skyrim has stopped since i installed the new driver.

i guess the old driver was having problems because of getting corrupt with time.

so i used the control panel, uninstalled the drivers (only nvidia graphics driver with clean install if you can select it at that time), restart computer, do NOTHING and let the hardware wizard install (old) system nvidia drivers (no nvidia graphics driver entry in the installed programs after that) on its own, then restart again and THEN CLEAN INSTALL (check the box) new nvidia skyrim drivers, then restart.

it's only the fog in the loading screen that looks like 8 colour greyscale fog, is there a way to make this smooth again ?

reading books i don't have complete yellow books anymore but sand color books with details in the pages like it should be with the new driver.

ps: i get the coloured big pixels again and crash to desktop when starting with enb mod. i have no problems without enb mod.
Last edited by raystyle on 09 Jan 2012, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No comments, i don't want to speak any more about not mine bugs (including "fog" on loading screen)

i'm sorry to tell, but i resolved the bluescreen and freeze issues to my graphics card bios and updated it.

but the screens i posted yesterday with the big coloured pixels did not go away and are only there when i activate enb.

i can play skyrim without enb with no problems, and i can enable skyboost r3 without problems.

but as soon as i copy the enb in the skyrim dir (ANY enb 102) i get a crash to desktop like yesterday.

i did NOT change any original skyrimprefs.ini file or any other skyrim files. i looked in the skyrimprefs.ini and all required was set (bfloatpointrendertarget=1).

i saw that another user reported this when starting enb for gta.

it simply has to do with the enb mod 102, not with anything else, as i said i can play skyrim without enb mod without problems. and i get crash to desktop after bethesda logo when the skyrim menu should come up.

aside from that, all people i talked to, have the 8 color fog issue with the 102 mod, but i guess it's related to the tadsudoshi user setting, not to the enb mod. it would be nice if you could tell how to change that as you released the 102 with these user settings.

i searched google again and found several people who have crash to desktop only when using enb mod after the bethesda logo at start skyrim. it's not just me.

i have no graphic card tools running, the other guys don't have any background apps running, too.

i am running the tesv.exe as administrator and set the option to disable visual themes and desktop.

i don't know why it worked yesterday evening after installing the nvidia graphics driver again, but today it does not work anymore.

can you have a look into this ?

i would really like to use it again! :) it's awesome work !

enb wrote:May be some software like evga, d3d overider, afterburn, xfire running at same time?
ah yup it was Afterburner, using the new version even fixed my load screens being red(after something i did, i dont remember)

i feel stupid though because i had issues with Afterburner and enb in GTAIV but i forgot. thx

:!: :!: :!:

have to admit i was using a startup background rivatuner and everest.

i closed them and reinitialised enb in the launcher and now it works again.. but i did not have these two apps started yesterday when it did not work.

it's crazy, but maybe really related to that somehow.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't do anything with driver bugs or when other software hooking d3d9.dll without ideas that wrappers existing in the world. Any bugfix from my side will be destroyed in few days after any update of drivers. Instead, better to use good drivers or forget about enbseries.

Just to update. Running the 102 and I have had no problems at all.

the freezing and lagging is all cured, I have upped the settings to Ultra and it runs great!
I'm going to install the 290.53 Beta drivers and see what happens then.

thanks Boris :-)

Core 2 duo 8400 3Ghz, GTX 275 4 gb DDr2 Win 7 64bit

just wanted to tell, all is going well, it really was my graphics card (original vcore too high) that made the errors.

still enjoying the enb MOD! :)

only thing is just half the fps with the mod, but i can play ok with about 30 fps.

will there be more optimisations to fps in the future ?