TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim

Hello, erm first time on here so hope those pic links work, this is 0117beta with CoT but i downloaded it yesterday and from Boris last comment i may have a dud :cry:

*master*

@Boris: Thanks for the tips :)
@dpeasant: cool, will try it out and see how it looks.
@mindflux: Your latest shots look beautiful, good work :)
kalicola wrote: T.A.Z: I like your brightness, and yet contrasty.. Like the bluish color in the ambient/shadows.. And again. did you release this? can't find it
Thanks for your feeback Kalicola and to everyone else giving me feedback lately, I really appreciate it :)
The config is not available atm, because I'm still working on it. I know that you guys are hearing this a lot lately, but it's just that tweaking the weathers + all the enb related files takes up a lot of time and I simply don't want to make a release if something still doesn't look right (currently being the tundra).

*sensei*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks T.A.Z, I'll take beautiful any day :P Please do post more screens of your present setup whenever you're feeling inspired, I love the unique look of it already and wouldn't mind to see more of it. I too find tweaking the weathers pretty time-consuming and tiresome, so I only tend to do it every now and then - which is probably also why my own setup is not really progressing that fast...
Johnny5srv wrote:Feel free to post how you got those trees so nice.
Well, what Boris said made me realize that I was actually trying to increase contrast with adaptation - not good. So I lowered adaptation strength, increased ambient lighting a couple of nothes and balanced out the image by adjusting tone-mapping settings accordingly. Increasing ambient lighting was also important to give more light to characters since they used to be too dark, as can be seen from some of my earlier screens. The trees are still not perfect (ie. still teeny-weeny bit too dark), but the whole feel of the setup is in my opinion more balanced, and while walking around, more dynamic.

Doesn't really show trees, but I'm pretty happy about the light shadows and the character vs. rest of the image balance (this is at maximum adaptation):

*sensei*

dpeasant wrote:Contrast code im using, btw. Put it right before the palette code

float Contrast = 1.00;
color.xyz = saturate(color.xyz);
color.xyz = lerp(color.xyz, 0.5 * (1 + sin((color.xyz - 0.5)*3.1415926)), Contrast);
It will increase overal colours, but unlike just pure saturation, it doesnt messes them.
So it's enbeffects.fx, but where exactly?
Before #ifdef E_CC_PALETTE or after #ifdef E_CC_PALETTE but before palette code itself?
Does it replace something or is it additional?

*master*

mindflux wrote:Thanks T.A.Z, I'll take beautiful any day :P Please do post more screens of your present setup whenever you're feeling inspired, I love the unique look of it already and wouldn't mind to see more of it. I too find tweaking the weathers pretty time-consuming and tiresome, so I only tend to do it every now and then - which is probably also why my own setup is not really progressing that fast...
Johnny5srv wrote:Feel free to post how you got those trees so nice.
Well, what Boris said made me realize that I was actually trying to increase contrast with adaptation - not good. So I lowered adaptation strength, increased ambient lighting a couple of nothes and balanced out the image by adjusting tone-mapping settings accordingly. Increasing ambient lighting was also important to give more light to characters since they used to be too dark, as can be seen from some of my earlier screens. The trees are still not perfect (ie. still teeny-weeny bit too dark), but the whole feel of the setup is in my opinion more balanced, and while walking around, more dynamic.

Doesn't really show trees, but I'm pretty happy about the light shadows and the character vs. rest of the image balance (this is at maximum adaptation):

That looks really good. Now you start talking about adaptation strength. I don't even know how to increase or decrease strength because all the settings I see are min/max/sensitivity values. Ambient light I understand a little better. And tone mapping is completely foreign to me. There is no decent documentation anywhere that I've seen that I can use as a guide for any of this. I've read through the enb guide on nexus (useless), and I've looked up some of the terminology on wiki but it's all just too much to absorb and relate to this mod. I take it some of you guys have an education in this or related field which helps you understand all this better, but for the rest of us, it's just over our heads.

I don't expect anyone to take the time to right a proper guide or explain it, I'm just venting frustration.

I can read a paragraph like this 10 times and spend an hour in game trying to understand WTF it's talking about and still come up empty.
ENBSeries wrote:I recommend to try new parameters of updated version, color computation for specular and reflections is not correct as with using ColorPowDay/Night, but less problems with many game textures which turn to red-yellow after tonemapping (as their contrast and other levels are changed in image editor, not the original photos). First of all set ColorPowDay/Night to 1 and decide which gamma is the best for global variable (valid is 2.2, but because textures edited, 1.7 seems not too much). Also i recommend to modify limit of adaptation in enbeffect.fx file, it's too high now, but better to make it to keep only sun oversaturated and proper color of sky at the day. Such limit is similar to human eye perception.

All I can tell when I set colorpower to 1.0 and set about adjusting the new global bright/dark setting (gamma/brightness) it turned into a mess. I'm guessing one would need to go change a bunch of other parameters to get things back on track, but I haven't got a clue what to change. 1.7? If I set gamma to 1.7 (supposedly valid, whatever the fuck that means)the screen is literally black, or close to it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Using new parameters doesn't mean that everything else must stay unchanged and i wrote about that in description. This is very different, but gives different result as not having issues with oversaturated textures. Look at the wooden objects, they mostly red or orange in presets, because their contrast edited in photoshop and back to linear space restoration by ColorPowDay/Night produce such colors. It took about 20 minutes for me to attach temporary variables to adaptation min max and tone mapping variables of POSTPROCESS 3, tweak with new parameter only and to get nice image. If somebody wish to get new look and don't afraid to start from 1.0 for most parameters, then do it.

mindflux wrote: Techuser, great to see you back. I sure hope you'll continue with your own setup at some point, I've always considered it as something special.
I will if I don't get tired of the game again after finishing Dawnguard :mrgreen:

do you guys know if it's possible to bind a console command like tfc to a hotkey?

Attachments
_.rar
(534.46 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

*sensei*