ENB SKYRIM SUN BUG

fixing bugs
  • Author

ENB SKYRIM SUN BUG

Hi guy's, I've just installed Skyrim, and when I am looking into direction of the sun, this appers:

BuzdyGun

Re: ENB SKYRIM SUN BUG

i have gtx 570 with lastest drivers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Display].

mindflux wrote:Set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Display].
I'm having this same problem with all ENB mods, I have this value set and it still happens. Can someone help me I've talked with multiple people and they don't understand it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is it set in my documents/my games folder? Because skyrim have another ini in game folder. And may be ForceFakeVideocard is set to true (must be false)? Or videocard doesn't support vendor hack used by game or the drivers (as i know radeon 3xxx and lower do not support and nvidia forceware 1xx.xx drivers)?

ENBSeries wrote:Is it set in my documents/my games folder? Because skyrim have another ini in game folder. And may be ForceFakeVideocard is set to true (must be false)? Or videocard doesn't support vendor hack used by game or the drivers (as i know radeon 3xxx and lower do not support and nvidia forceware 1xx.xx drivers)?
Yes and yes, my video card is a gtx 670, and Idk what vendor hack is?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I know this sounds like beating a dead horse, but are you absolutely sure? The correct file is SkyrimPrefs.ini in Documents/My Games/Skyrim, and bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 must be inserted under [Display]. While you're at it, delete all copies of SkyrimPrefs.ini that are in the Skyrim program folder as well as in the Data folder because they are known to sometimes cause issues.

GTX 670 should have no problems since vendor hacks are supported.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

May be then drivers issue, as it's new videocard? Never heard that yet, always users with this bug forgot to set bfloatingpointtarget=1

Ok I'll try deleting the files, they will all reinitialize after loading right? Yes the value is set in my documents/mygames/skyrim, I think the command was already there when I decided to use the ENB...all I had to do was change the value, does it matter what position it is in?
Last edited by johndud0 on 15 Nov 2012, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.