Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

Regarding flickering of ssao (or any other depth based effect), this also could be because of game bug which appear after some minutes of walking in game world (saw this on patch 1.7 ony, not tested if it happen with 1.8), game lag on few seconds and then all distant objects get not drawed to depth untill you get closer to them. Don't think it's only mine issue, as some users told about this lag with 1.7 patch, but they didn't noticed depth problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, I'm pretty sure Boris is correct. The issue appeared with one of the latest Skyrim patches and I've seen it with both 0.119 and 0.120 beta, although I guess it's more noticeable with 0.120 SSAO, probably depends on the settings, though.

Well put kalicola, balance is indeed everything. Making everything perfect would most likely mean doing mostly everything from scratch with the CK, and even then there are some issues caused by the game engine that can never be perfected. At any rate, I'm sure aiming for balance, not perfection, will give you better sleep at night.

By the way, here's the code for increasing brightness and compensating for adaptation:

Code: Select all

float compext = max(0,tex2D(_s2, _v0).xyz - 0.3);
	color.xyz*=1+(0.5 * compext);
0.3 works like a scene detector, 0.5 is the amount of brightness increase. If you want to test the code, put it before the post-process code.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux, thanks for the code. don't know if I dare try it or where to put it, or exactly what it does :)

I does look like I have solved the snow problem. It's a combination of adaptation min/max in both effect.ini and enbseries.ini..

And for some reason my new config has much better fps, OR it might be a mod I removed that slowed everything down. I can record with fraps now in 30 fps, were as before it was around 22-24 in touch places like whiterun.. So whatever happend, mod or enb, I just got a better framerate :)

Here's my lates update with bright snow fixed.. well, the snow is still bright, because snow IS bright in sunlight, but it's not burning your eyes like before.

Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB BETA 49

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'd suggest just forgetting about the code, it's not really the right way to go about it anyway... I was desperate :lol:

I have noticed that some post-processing settings in enbeffect.fx seem to have quite a lot of effect on the framerate, but I haven't been able to put my finger on what actually is the root cause. Maybe extreme tone-mapping settings take more processing time? Whatever it is, it looks like I can get almost +/-10 FPS difference by just switching enbeffect.fx settings.

Hey guys im posting from Cornwall :D Ill try the new beta when i get back sunday night\monday morning. Also Kalicola i dont mean to be a pain but can you please put up links to your Prefs.ini and enbseries.ini files please. Your game just looks alot better than mine and hopefully it will give me some fps back as i probly have a couple wrong settings.
Cheers

Cennick

Hey man. I just switched from another ENB to yours, and i did make sure to uninstall it completely before switching, however, when i installed your ENB my entire screen is just blinding green. It will glitch for a second to how it is supposed to look but everything is basically just Neon Green. Are there any mods that are not compatible with your ENB?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do you happen to have the latest Nvidia beta drivers installed? If you do, roll back to the previous WHQL drivers.

Some more eye candy :D

Hope you enjoyed

Hey Kalicola, the new 49 beta looks great, but why did you cap out the fps to 32 in the ini file?

yer i noticed that, thought it was odd