Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

Well I just tried to play Skyrim with the 32 FPS cap off and I noticed that even though I was getting an avg of 40-50 FPS that it causing lag with the frames jumping around. The game didn't feel smooth. Enabling the 32 cap made it feel more smooth to play and didn't have crazy FPS jump, so no lag or stutter.

Arynai

Hey Kalicola,

I just installed your ENB off of a fresh install of Skyrim and I'm seeing that everything is extremely dark. I can see that the ENB is working fine but there's some sort of dark filter over the entire game and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Here's a screenshot that's taken at 8:52 AM and I can confirm that before installing the ENB it was bright as day.

http://i50.tinypic.com/118dhdw.jpg

I should note that in my Skyrim folder is the d3d9.dll that was included in your download along with the injector version of ENB 0119 as I was getting a constant CTD when using the wrapper version.

I'm really hoping I can get this resolved since this is by far the best looking preset I've seen for this game. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalMonster: The reason it is capped at 32 is, first of all it runs better if you cap the framerate. And I read somewhere that you should cap it a few frame above your desired framerate. I chose 32 because I wanted to record the game at 30fps with fraps.

Arynai: Wow that is really dark, and very wierd I think. I DO have problems with the game looking a bit darker on my work machine than on my home machine, and I have no clue why. I has to be the monitors that are different I think. but YOUR dark image is crazy. That image also looks WAY too dark on MY screen, meaning that it can't be monitor differences. I'm afraid I can't help you. The problem must be soemthing else. Like did you set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 ?

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try out my latest BETA 52 .. I redid alot of things.. Looks great on my machine

BETA 52
http://www.2shared.com/file/I-RtKyTi/52 ... hics_.html

And check this mod too, it's amazing!
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27043

My Skyrim ENB

Arynai

Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely install your latest version. I've got a feeling its something to do with my system and not the ENB itself for sure, I had already installed and uninstalled a lot of ENBs before trying yours out so I'm sure something got mixed around causing it to do that. I'll edit this post if I figure it out.

EDIT:

Just installed your latest version and its working just fine now actually, not sure what the problem was before.

http://i.imgur.com/nnc5T.jpg

Easily one of the best presets out there, thanks a lot man. :D

Hey Kali beta 52 is looking great i love the lighting, do you think you could put up a few screens just so i can compare. Good work man

Yeah I like that its capped out at 32, after playing a few hours with it on, I noticed way less skipping and stuttering when the cap was off. :)

Great, Kalicola! I'm going to try out he new beta and also the FX mod you just linked, I'm also going to try using your ENB alongside RCRN v36 and see how it woks, and this time I'll try to upload some screens for real.

Thanks again for keeping the good work and sharing with us. Kudos.

EDIT- Screenies

I have had a little bit of a problem with the screen getting green fro a bit, I think it's a problem with lens flare maybe? It might be just me though, I'll look into it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

InExile: Let me know how it works with RCRN, I'm pretty sure that it won't look too good, but give it a shot :) And pretty nice screens there mate. It's always nice to watch other peoples screenshot, and especially when it looks good like your screens :)

DigitalMonster: Cool. You can just cap it at 40 if you like, it doesn't have to be 32. Just don't cap it higher than your computer can actually run it.

benjanini61: I will make sure to post some awesome screens soon.. Makes me think, that I should really replace the screens on the first page, as they are WAY back from BETA 1 I believe :D

Arynai: Thanks alot! Love your screenshot, it's a pretty damn nice armor that! :)

My Skyrim ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here's some random time of day/night shots from my latest BETA 52.

My Skyrim ENB