Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

share your configuration files
  • Author

Re: Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB

I was using the FX lighting mod, but I uninstalled it. Did not work. I tried to change the [Bloom] AmountInterior & ContrastInterior in the ENBseries.ini. This also did not help, I even tried to change the Brightness and Contrast in my AMD control center, nothing :(

This is with no ENB, shadows set to High and new INI files, just to make sure it wasn't my old INIs. Brightness is set to middle of the bar in this shot.

Here are the same settings, but outside, brightness is all the way down on the bar. If set to middle of the bar then the shadows are okay, but as you can see the brightness slider doesn't fix the "washed" out look inside.

My question is, is this how Skyrim shadows have always looked and I never noticed it till now?

Now on a side note. I don't wanna come off as I'm always having problems with ENB or whining about Kalicola's configs, don't wanna scare people away that wanna give it try! So I'm going upload some picture as a look back at all the good times I've had with these setting! :D (Most of these pictures use the ENB 0.119/0.123 and Kali's config ranging from the early 40's to now.)

*This used a different DOF then what Kali's used, can't remember which one or I would link to it, but its somewhere in these forums. :lol:
**Found it! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1068

*Wish I knew how to make these picture full sized so the detail was better :|

Nice screenshots mate and i adore those rock textures can you tell me what they are?

Fixed it! Turns out I must have messed around with the AMD color controls to much. Just uninstalled it and updated to the new 12-11 beta drivers and it's fixed now! :D

@benjanini61:

My rock textures come from following the S.T.E.P Guide, found here, Nexus link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11. Here is a link to the texture pack combiner I used and the textures the S.T.E.P Guide have you add in. http://wiki.step-project.com/Texture_Pack_Combiner I highly recommend following this guide if you want your Skyrim to look beautiful, but you may have to do a clean install of Skyrim as S.T.E.P hand picks the best of all the textures from each texture mod. As you can see from my screens, I felt it was worth it IMO :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

My monitor problem is really giving my a headache.. I feel like I'm going in circles here. Looks awesome at home, but then I try it on my work computer, and then it looks too dark. The waterfalls looks good at work, but are too dark at home.. I have no clue what to do. I have no clue how it will look on YOUR computers. Is my work computer the right one or is it my home computer.

The solution is to get my computer into my living room and test on my big tv, which is a pain in the ass to move around, and I need to fight my girlfriend about it :D ... But at least I will know that the color and contrast is perfect...

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I would not use a television set to test or an LED monitor. Google "lcd test" and calibrate your monitor.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Roger that

My Skyrim ENB

hi kalicola.. im start using your enbp few days ago and i must tell u its best enb what i tried(and treed allot of them)..but there is 1 thing what annoys me( when out on open exposed to sun light my character look great(shadows skin color Armour color etc) but in moment when i enter in shadow he becomes totally lifeless is there any way to you fix this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks man. Means alot!

Is it because the adaptation is brightning up the screen too much, so it looks washed out? Screenshots perhaps?

Give my latest Beta 62 a go, alot of things have changed. but also keep in mind that this 62 version is also still a work in progress. I only uploaded it now because I need to try it out on another computer.

Kalicola Enhanced Graphics ENB BETA 62

My Skyrim ENB

Hi Kalicola - I've been really enjoying your work, and am trying your ENB preset...namely, the 62 draft. I love the balance of everything, more than many I've tried...not too drastic or washed out or saturated...just right.

However, I'm getting some pretty funky blue flashes, where all object turn light blue then flashes back to normal...things are reacting oddly to some light sources on occasion. I've tried a hundred combos of disabling the DoF, Climates of Tam, other mods, the SMAA...I can't seem to reproduce this problem with other ENBs. Any thoughts?

If it helps any, your 54 draft doesn't have this problem...however I get much better fps with the 62, and I think it is a visual improvement on 54.

Thanks for your work here,

Nanny