TES Skyrim 0.141 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.141 beta

Nice example of AO with the cheese. The highlights look great, but I'm not seeing the shadow I would expect around the base of the cheese.

far327 wrote:
NickJames wrote:Still having the issue with adaption and using dawnbreaker or torch.

PoloENB contains fix files such as dawnguard and torches..

-snip-

You can get the files on his blog site by downloading either 119 or 123 beta versions of his ENB config.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/polo702/archives/52038848.html
I tried those out but all it did was shrink the sprite, didn't stop the adaption from dimming the entire screen.

*EDIT*

Ok so my adaption issue is linked to depth of field somehow. I wonder what it is..

NickJames
Your "LenzReflectionIntensityDay" must be too high. Just reduce it.
6GB of DDR3
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So does this beta break any enbeffect.fx that has interiors/day/night separation?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
OK, understood. I'll look in changing the code itself. Thanx ;)

Mindflux
You're right, but not for the effect I'm searching for. I'll experiment :D
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

chan
Boris, is it possible to set Adaptation to trigger from DOF?
If I have near DOF, and torch, then the screen goes dark (except torch)
If I have far DOF, and torch, then the screen becomes bright (like game uses point light and forgets adaptation value from torch).
Write this in enbprepass.fx, just a few lines of code. Such feature will not be developed by me, it's useless.

Samurai_Smartie
It's optimization clamping artifacts when ssao not computed at some angles, ignore it untill effect will be finished (or it's will be reverted to old).

elitecorpz
Ssao is not shadowing code, so it should not produce shadow on objects lit by non shadowed light.

evok99
So does this beta break any enbeffect.fx that has interiors/day/night separation?
WTF? Okay, i'll better go away again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Please, do not go away :D
Jokes aside, it's a fantastic thing you added Interior and DayNight factor to prepass.fx. :) THANX so MUCH for this !
Are these new parameters only linked to last 0.139 and 0.141, or is there kind of retro-compatibility with previous binaries ? I guess it will, right ? Since these factors were implemented since 0.119.... or maybe it's linked to another kind of depth sampler ?

About new SSAO code : I've been too lazy :D to really port my whole preset to latest adaptation modifications, so I've focused on the AO-IL only :
much more precision indeed, seems to better complement Skylighting in exteriors. However, sure it's really more intensive if using high scales (loosing 5 to 10 FPS if using scale 1.0 - Filter 1 or 2 compared to previous code).
Anyway, guess you're starting modifications and focused on quality first for now.
Hope things are better for you these days.

thanx for all ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

evok99 wrote:So does this beta break any enbeffect.fx that has interiors/day/night separation?
I don't think so, all of the enbeffect.fx files Boris has included with his binary releases are the same.

I haven't tried with this new binary to see if I have the issues with updating the enbeffect.fx file, so I don't know if the interior setting makes changes to both, or if the day/night settings change interiors.

If I knew how to read this code I would tell you for sure lol.

This was added to the enbeffectprepass.fx file, but I don't see mention of it in any other files, so I don't know what it does. I tried adding it to my old enbeffectprepass.fx file to use with 141, and I didn't see any change.

Code: Select all

//changes in range 0..1, 0 means that night time, 1 - day time
float	ENightDayFactor;
//changes 0 or 1. 0 means that exterior, 1 - interior
float	EInteriorFactor;

Hi Boris,

Do you have any idea when the next version that is not a Beta will arrive? A version that will not get removed?

Performance seems much better in the new versions. Framerate is about the same, but game just feels a lot smoother for some reason, especially looking around fast with the mouse is smoother.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

chan
There won't be ANY changes by only adding these lines to the effectprepass.fx.
You will need to actually use these factors IN the DoF code itself.
Lerping (interpolating) these factors in colour correction is quite easily doable, (JawZ did it first, I followed his great codes additions and lerped them as well for other parameters) sadly I'm not skilled enough to figure how you can lerp them in the DoF code itself. Also depending on which DoF code you're using... (Boris's, Matso's, etc.... )
I think it's doable, since Boris added them. Unless it was to match something with the new SSAO code, if there's something 'linking' SSAO code and DoF depth samplers. I don't know.....
Only Boris can answer to this. ;)