TES Skyrim 0.141 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.141 beta

Guzio wrote:Thank you Boris for your hard work. AO with IL works very well and subtly. A simple cheese example:
What are your settings for SizeScale and SourceTextureScale?
SSAO is just a black mess for me right now.

*sensei*

Oyama wrote:chan
There won't be ANY changes by only adding these lines to the effectprepass.fx.
You will need to actually use these factors IN the DoF code itself.
Lerping (interpolating) these factors in colour correction is quite easily doable, (JawZ did it first, I followed his great codes additions and lerped them as well for other parameters) sadly I'm not skilled enough to figure how you can lerp them in the DoF code itself. Also depending on which DoF code you're using... (Boris's, Matso's, etc.... )
I think it's doable, since Boris added them. Unless it was to match something with the new SSAO code, if there's something 'linking' SSAO code and DoF depth samplers. I don't know.....
Only Boris can answer to this. ;)
I don't use boris' enbeffect.fx file, I just check each version if there is a change. No change, then I don't change my files. No need.
I just ask about the DOF and Adaptation because Adaptation is broken without this effect. Not real.

The enbeffectprepass.fx file I use is based on Matso modified by Michael Tichenor (IndigoNeko).
The enbeffect.fx file I use is based on Opethfeldt modified by Jawz.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Hmm experiment, you say? I wonder what you're up to now... :D

With the new ENightDayFactor and EInteriorFactor you can have different DOF settings for day, night and interiors - what chan asked for, if I understood correctly.

*sensei*

No, I mean, if you hold a torch, Adaptation settings are broken, because they rely on the entire screen, and not DOF.

I want Adaptation to trigger from DOF.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Are these new parameters only linked to last 0.139 and 0.141, or is there kind of retro-compatibility with previous binaries ?
Don't remember, but guess old versions also have them in prepass, i forgot to add to the shader them, but calling functions to setup.

WoodManGamer
Previous version will not be removed long time, untill i finish ssao (or return to old).

Make code which affect brightness depending from dof focal plane is very simple, but i don't know code made by other modders and don't want to examine it, so only may recommend to find last pixel shader pass and at the end (before return) apply something like this

Code: Select all

float minbrightness=0.1;//edit this
float maxbrightness=1.0;//edit this
float adaptation=lerp(minbrightness, maxbrightness, saturate(focalplane));
result*=adaptation;
return result;
Of course focal plane must be in range of 0..1, so scaling and clamping required, i don't know how it is used in customized shaders, math could be complex enough.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

mindflux
I'm up to try realizing an old dream my old friend :D :
Having different Bloom radii and .xyz (and saturations, thanx to dpeasant additions) for interiors and exteriors. I'll shoot you a link to my most achieved .132 preset and let you have a look @ my bloom file.
You already know my effect.fx :lol:

Boris
I noticed these factors in .139 and .141 prepass files only, unless I'm mistaken.
Separated DOF for exteriors and interiors has been my second dream :D

The 3rd one is the day you implement supersampling, if you decide to make it ;)
Nevermind, when seeing the way TESV versions developped in so little time, I'm already amazed.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

А вот этот edge AA, можно как то добавить в другую игру? Или оформить его в виде инжектора? Например как smaa инжектор.

I think I might just try this version out. Thanks so much ,Boris!

Yasen wrote:NickJames
Your "LenzReflectionIntensityDay" must be too high. Just reduce it.
No the LenzReflection is just for that effect, it doesn't have any affect on adaption. Disabling DOF does stop the adaption from focusing on the sword/torch though so I guess my enbeffectprepass needs some modifications.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

For whatever reason, I'm getting lousy FPS with v0141 beta. :( Typically I get avg 45FPS when maxing out SSAO filter quality and sample quality. Now only around 25FPS :(
What do you guys think regarding the SSAO for this beta? Me personally, I don't see any visual improvements that would make me want to sacrifice so much FPS.