TES Skyrim 0.143

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.143

ENBSeries wrote:Many users don't use reflection and ssao/ssil effects, so i'll restore hardware antialiasing in next version for TES Skyrim
I assume that they do not using it becouse it is not finished. You are keep telling us about it on the front page by the way. In my own opinion you should not reverse anything, keep moving!

ENBSeries wrote: In the future i'll stay with new ssao only improving it's performance, precision for small details and mixing code changes.
Working on reflections now, experimenting with antialiasing tricks.
Whew!

I really believe that your work on SSAO at the expense of AA has been a core contributing motivation to the ongoing pursuit of identifying and advancing alternate AA implementations such as SMAA and FXAA. The work done with SweetFX in conjunction with ENB being my current prime example. The community continually amazes me with it's ingenuity. ENB SSAO is one of the foundations that the entire Skyrim graphics enthusiasts community is built up around.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

chidosity wrote:
ENBSeries wrote: In the future i'll stay with new ssao only improving it's performance, precision for small details and mixing code changes.
Working on reflections now, experimenting with antialiasing tricks.
Whew!

I really believe that your work on SSAO at the expense of AA has been a core contributing motivation to the ongoing pursuit of identifying and advancing alternate AA implementations such as SMAA and FXAA. The work done with SweetFX in conjunction with ENB being my current prime example. The community continually amazes me with it's ingenuity. ENB SSAO is one of the foundations that the entire Skyrim graphics enthusiasts community is built up around.

;) + 1000 on that.

On a side note, just finished adapting K ENB to 0.143 (moved my lazy ass a bit) and eagerly awaiting for SSAO code improvements to be finished, since actual .143 kills my performance :lol: compared to .132.

Thanx for all Boris, good luck on your work.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

far327
You right, but i can't force each user to install menu mod, so thinking about other antialiasing methods, for example frames blending with vectors of previous pixel positions.

The skyrim enb is in fact already perfect for me. I love DOF, SSAO, etc... and I LOOOOOOOVE reflections.
The last software AA you implemented is far enough for me. In fact much better than vanilla fxaa, even better that previous smaa proxy dll I was using bfore (and much better fps performance).
I (my humble opinion) would not add/remove/change ANYTHING, except working in fixing bugs.
Repeat, just my humble opinion
Greetings.
Cooler Master HAF-X Case
Windows 7 64b

I'm seeing the same subsurface scattering artifacts that UnrealWarfare reported, but it's certainly not limited to just vampires. Any bright light can trigger that effect on most actors. And characters in shadow again have the "sunburned" look that they used to have with high sss values.

Neither effect is visible with the .132 binary using the same subsurface scattering values.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

anaphiel wrote:I'm seeing the same subsurface scattering artifacts that UnrealWarfare reported, but it's certainly not limited to just vampires. Any bright light can trigger that effect on most actors. And characters in shadow again have the "sunburned" look that they used to have with high sss values.

Neither effect is visible with the .132 binary using the same subsurface scattering values.
Same thing here.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

"And characters in shadow again have the "sunburned" look" - same here

Also, Boris, I have had this problem with every iteration of ENB. Blowing snow is very bright:

There is no setting in ENB that alters how bright or dim the blowing snow becomes other that changing the Palette brightness or Gamma to 0. Bloom has an effect on it, but it's a small effect. I also have Mindflux's particle textures installed. Is there anyway to add parameters that can decrease the brightness of this snow effect?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

evok99
Really, the blowing snow is not affected by [PARTICLE] category? I will check and of course add it to my patch.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

anaphiel wrote:I'm seeing the same subsurface scattering artifacts that UnrealWarfare reported, but it's certainly not limited to just vampires. Any bright light can trigger that effect on most actors. And characters in shadow again have the "sunburned" look that they used to have with high sss values.

That's because there wasn't SSS for Vegatation in 0.132.

What's happening is that Vegatation SSS values featured in 0.143 is affecting normal SSS values. If you set the same values for Vegatation that you have for standard SSS you will nullify the issue.

The artifacts themselves are a game issue. I'm not sure if Boris can fix that or not with ENB. It's fixable by removing SSS entirely via ENB, but if you apply it then it will pretty much always artifact in some form or another due to being an issue in the game itself.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz