TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

ColonialRaptor wrote: Couldn't you just use Supersampling?
After reading up on supersampling, I suppose you're right. I didn't realize it was actually doing more than just smoothing the aliasing. Here is a good link I read up on. So yah, I guess supersampling would be best. I wonder if supersampling is a global driver function? Older games may not have the option for supersampling. That may be where downsampling would help. Thanks for your input!

I'll probably experiment with both. The idea of playing at 3840x2160 or above is too tempting!! :o

EDIT - Looks like this is the end-all-be-all thread for learning about downsampling/supersampling and the right hardware/driver conifigs to use. You will need a browser that translate from German to English. http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin ... 9&page=235

Well I'm running 2x 7970 graphics cards and they absolutely kick arse, and I've just downloading the new 1.4 update and FINALLY the game is using 99% of both of my GPU's in Crossfire so I'm able to finally get the proper power out of my computer.

It's fantastic, everything is so insanely smooth now and it blows my mind, now I can start cranking up the settings - I've already forced up the highest level of AA through Radeo Pro (16xEQAA).

I'm going to see if I still get the same performance with SuperSampling now - it's usually an absolute bitch on performance.

*master*

*master*

too shame I'm forget to do that ultimate one-strike-end samurai finishing pose shot >_>

*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ColonialRaptor wrote:Well I'm running 2x 7970 graphics cards and they absolutely kick arse, and I've just downloading the new 1.4 update and FINALLY the game is using 99% of both of my GPU's in Crossfire so I'm able to finally get the proper power out of my computer.

It's fantastic, everything is so insanely smooth now and it blows my mind, now I can start cranking up the settings - I've already forced up the highest level of AA through Radeo Pro (16xEQAA).

I'm going to see if I still get the same performance with SuperSampling now - it's usually an absolute bitch on performance.
Yeah the new patch is amazing! I almost couldn't believe Bethesda actually boosted the games performance. Morrowind and Oblivion never got this kinda of love... :|
I've now got my game using 4x4 super sampling. I also found my monitors peak resolution capability and am currently running full screen at 2880x1800 @60hz downsampled to 1920x1200. I must say, the image quality is phenomenal!!! I will post screen shots soon :) If anyone else is interested in pushing their monitor to it's limits. Here is a list I found at this site where others have tested the limitations of other monitors thru the downsampling method.
Last edited by far327 on 02 Feb 2012, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Guys, how do you get such a great soft shadows on your characters under the bright sun? I think I've tried everything and they are still blocky.
Last edited by fedorrrz on 02 Feb 2012, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

fedorrrz wrote:Guys, how do you get such a great soft shadows on your characters under the bright sun? I think I tried everything and they are still blocky.
The only method ive seen involves changing something in the skyrimPrefs.ini file, you have to drastically reduce the render distance of shadows to increase the quality.... so yeah either have blocky shadows or have shadows popping up 3 feet in front of you...

EDIT
Also anyone else having any trouble with enb on the latest beta patch? mine updated this morning and now everything is overly bright no matter what enb preset i use?

*master*

silverbullet wrote:
fedorrrz wrote:Guys, how do you get such a great soft shadows on your characters under the bright sun? I think I tried everything and they are still blocky.
The only method ive seen involves changing something in the skyrimPrefs.ini file, you have to drastically reduce the render distance of shadows to increase the quality.... so yeah either have blocky shadows or have shadows popping up 3 feet in front of you...

EDIT
Also anyone else having any trouble with enb on the latest beta patch? mine updated this morning and now everything is overly bright no matter what enb preset i use?
Hm... dunno man, everything works fine for me. Check your "floatingpoint..." parameter, cause after update it overwrites your SkyrimPrefs.ini

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz