TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim

far327: great shots :shock:

Lauren: I wish I could too, And I have a GTX 680 with 4GB vram instead of the usual 2GB. Depending on what enb preset I'm using, my fps can vary in the 30 to 40 range at 1920x1080

Hi, can someone please help me with this bug i have.

During foggy or rainy weather the shadows on the grass go pitch black. I've tried everything i can think of and nothing fixes it :(

I haven't got a clue what's causing it, the shadows are fine in other weathers.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

t0gepi wrote:Hi, can someone please help me with this bug i have.

During foggy or rainy weather the shadows on the grass go pitch black. I've tried everything i can think of and nothing fixes it :(

I haven't got a clue what's causing it, the shadows are fine in other weathers.
What version ENB are you using? if it's the latest 0.149 my first thought would be to try turning off or toggling on/off the new SSAO transparency options in the GUI.
I don't know the names off the top of my head right now, but there are three new options. One for fixing SSAO water transparency, one for SSAO hair transparency and then another. Something about tonemap or gamma. Can't remember....

@symphonicjohn - Thanks :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

t0gepi
Are you using any additional lighting mods? The most common reason for black grass is using a lighting mod that makes the ambient color black.

far327 wrote:
What version ENB are you using? if it's the latest 0.149 my first thought would be to try turning off or toggling on/off the new SSAO transparency options in the GUI.
I don't know the names off the top of my head right now, but there are three new options. One for fixing SSAO water transparency, one for SSAO hair transparency and then another. Something about tonemap or gamma. Can't remember....
I'm using 0.119 and Opethfeldts ENB. I've tried turning SSAO off and on, neither make any difference. The same problem occurs on every version i have tried such as 0.117, 0.149...

The weird thing is that it only goes black during rain or foggy weather.

I can't even post a picture as i'm not allowed because i'm a new user.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If you get the same result from multiple versions of ENB, it's probably not an ENB sourced issue then. Maybe a mod that conflicts? Mindflux suggestion is worth checking out.
Have you simply tried backing up your skyrim.ini files and letting the game re-create them? I have messed things up with shadowing before to the point I had to re-create the .ini files in the past.

*master*

Ok, when I say play I mean run the game in that resolution
far327 wrote:
Lauren wrote:I wish I could play at something bigger than 1920x1080 :|
Same here :) I can't really play at 3840x2160. I currently only get about 25fps on average at that res. I just run it for occasional screenshots, or if I feel the need to see some more extreme visuals. Although, 2560x1080 isn't much of an FPS hit in comparison to 1920x1080.

If you like that the 29:1 aspect ratio of 2560x1080, you can always create a custom resolution thru the Nvidia Control Panel. PM me if you need any help doing this. :D
Also, I don't use a Nvidia card so I don't know what the control panel can even do

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lauren wrote:Ok, when I say play I mean run the game in that resolution
far327 wrote:
Lauren wrote:I wish I could play at something bigger than 1920x1080 :|
Same here :) I can't really play at 3840x2160. I currently only get about 25fps on average at that res. I just run it for occasional screenshots, or if I feel the need to see some more extreme visuals. Although, 2560x1080 isn't much of an FPS hit in comparison to 1920x1080.

If you like that the 29:1 aspect ratio of 2560x1080, you can always create a custom resolution thru the Nvidia Control Panel. PM me if you need any help doing this. :D
Also, I don't use a Nvidia card so I don't know what the control panel can even do
I see, it was dumb of me to assume you used an Nvidia card.

Here is a link for downsampling for AMD if you're interested.. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244

EDIT - Actually, this guy has some easier instructions - http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=178
Last edited by far327 on 18 Feb 2013, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

Ooh software I don't fully understand :twisted:

let's see what I can break

*master*

and first thing thats broken is my windows installation

doesn't start up now, or rather, it freezes on startup and the only way to unfreeze it is to force close windows explorer

edit: also, it doesn't even work lol

set the resolution up in skyrim, ran skyrim, monitor just says unsupported mode