TES Skyrim 0.149

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.149

Cool I'll take a peak at lenz effects. Thanks Unreal Warfare!

ENBSeries wrote:Damn, i spent several days to tweak ssao math, but only decreased performance for better quality. Don't know how to release update if it's even slower, radical changes required.
I think a very small minority of ENB users are able to comfortably run ENB with all options turned on and all quality adjustments set to best quality.

I built a new $1500+ rig specifically to run Skyrim ENB at full settings and I still just squeak by at about 38fps in many exterior locations. I'd need to throw another $400 or more into this rig (SLI) to improve this by a moderate percentage.

My point being that you could theoretically improve the quality of ENB to the point where nobody can (afford to) run it.

With that said, I say go for it. Your time isn't wasted. The work you do here may very well inform your next project, game, and the next generation of hardware.

You should definitely release it, as most of us are constantly faced with making trade-offs in quality vs performance as we tweak ENB for ourselves and the masses. I spent months using ENB with SSAO, without sun glare, without shadow fixes, without DOF, and I was happy.

I think one of the beautiful aspects of your project is that you can focus more on improving the quality of the visuals without performance as a primary concern. Sure, performance is always a primary concern, but as you are not doing this for profit, the pressure to please the masses should not be so intense.

You figure out how to make things look amazing, and we'll figure out how to run it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

chidosity wrote: You figure out how to make things look amazing, and we'll figure out how to run it.
^ THIS :idea:

Best comment I've ever seen on this forum

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

far327
Sun rays not active for moons, there is a code to detect sun only (distance between sun and moons differ), so if you have issues, better find which mod do this, it's hard for me to make different selector with all mods for this game available. I never saw myself rays from moons.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's a bug (a cool bug) from one of the older binaries (I think it was 112 and 113). It was from when you first implemented the sun ray effects.
chidosity wrote:You figure out how to make things look amazing, and we'll figure out how to run it.
If you can get past the main menu. :D

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:far327
Sun rays not active for moons, there is a code to detect sun only (distance between sun and moons differ), so if you have issues, better find which mod do this, it's hard for me to make different selector with all mods for this game available. I never saw myself rays from moons.
Just a follow up... The "moon rays" effect was because I had bDeferredShadows=0 instead of 1. I have since quit experimenting with bDeferredShadows setting and decided to leave it set to 1 going forward. Sorry, just looking for tweaks etc.. Although a little moon glow would be kinda cool. :)