TES Skyrim 0.152

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.152

Boris,

I've tried all the different SSAO/SSIL methods, but am getting the same result on all modes. Made sure to quit the game between switching, too since those don't apply dynamically.

I ramped up the AOIntensity and the SSAO gets darker in shadows from the skylighting, but there is still no SSIL present there.

Here are my settings:
[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexIndirectLighting=false
SamplingQuality=0
FilterQuality=0
FilterType=0
SamplingRange=0
SizeScale=1
SourceTexturesScale=1
FadeFogRangeDay=2
FadeFogRangeNight=2
FadeFogRangeInteriorDay=0
FadeFogRangeInteriorNight=0
AOAmount=1
AOAmountInterior=2
AOIntensity=1
AOIntensityInterior=1
ILAmount=3
ILAmountInterior=3
AOMixingType=1 //have tried 0,1,2,3 with similar results
AOMixingTypeInterior=1
AOType=1 //have tried 0,1,2,3, with similar results
SamplingPrecision=0

[SKYLIGHTING]
Quality=0
FilterQuality=0
AmbientMinLevel=.4

Here's with skylighting off:

And here's with on:

It looks more to me now like it's just not applying in shadow as much anymore with some more testing.

It looks like the effect may still be present with it ramped up so high, but the shadows and skylighting are covering it up almost entirely, to where it's not having any effect at normal values anymore.

I know that it was shading differently a few iterations back - 1.48 was working fine for me in this regard. Here's the same settings in 1.48:

getting similar results as above.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pretty sure he changed it one or two versions back so the IL doesn't apply in shadow anymore, only where there's bright enough light that it would bounce.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

I also assume it's intended.

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

*sensei*

Wow, Boris, you read my mind man!

IBL was the perfect touch. The only thing I found myself compromising on with 1.49 was the issue of darkness in shadows particularly on the character. So what do I find like a week later when I check the status of your Skyrim project? You've updated to correct exactly that feature, as well as give us the ability to tweak in-shadow reflectivity as well!

Very cool. I've updated my config and am enjoying being able to see my character in greater detail even at twilight in a deep forest. Thanks for another great visual effect. This one as others have said really ties it all together. I hopped on-board sky lighting and I'm not looking back!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tercerobootleg
This changes made two or three versions back, indirect lighting not computed with ambient color. Why? Because everybody use ambient color, there is no other type of lighting to simulate indirect lighting from sky and average environment, but ssao decrease ambient to make look as it should, brighter points of diffuse reflections for sky ambient can't be greater than 1*skycolor, for any geometry, that's why 1*ambient*ssao only computed, not 1*ambient*ssao+ambient*ssil. May be later with progress of ibl i'll replace computations of ssao and ssil to gi math, but game ambient should be removed then. Now ssil applied to shadows, but only if some nearest surface is lit by sun or lights.

Is IBL portable? It could be just the thing to fix up New Vegas' sometimes very dark shadows.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, fallout mod don't use deffered render and ibl will look very triangulated, especially on terrain and similar low poly curvy surfaces. To detect each triangle plane in screen space and blur it from center to another triangle may help, but it's a lot of computations and not work when some other object intersect. Making deffered pipeline is lot more complex than in skyrim.

Hi. Is there already released any presets done to test this release? in all plenty effects together working s they must do?
Im very interested in testing the 1.52 dll ,but my knowledge about tunning pressets is not enough...
Also i would like to know if gionight already release his presets and with version of dll is last compatible with them...
Sorry for my bad english... thankyou for your wonderfull job, and also thanks in chase i have answer to this...

*sensei*

Hi Boris, great job on V152, I am having a blast with it so far.

Question, ever since Skylighting has been implemented, it has had this "issue" with differing levels of brightness depending on the direction the player is facing, at least for me; is this solvable (or perhaps intended)? Sorry if this has been covered before, I do not recall much discussion about it in the past.