Skyrim - no SSAO in cells without sky

fixing bugs
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim - no SSAO in cells without sky

Ssao is not linked to sky, no dependency at all. And in the game i use tfc to see if interiors have sky and yes, they do have (no dlc or mods installed, latest game version).

Using tfc I can see the sky too, but not in all interiors. In cells without ssao (e.g. riften and windhelm interiors), there is no sky behind the walls. Those cells have sky disabled in my installation of the game (which is the same as yours : no dlc, no mod, latest game version).

But since there is no other people having the same issue, I guess the bug is on my side. Many thanks for your help though.

Hello, "ts" command in the console ( = toggle sky) disables ssao in my game. Is it also the case in your game?

Sorry to bump this topic, but I think I have the same issue as oglala..
But at this point, could it be a mod's fault?

r42

But at this point, could it be a mod's fault?
Just tested fresh vanilla skyrim install with all and without any official dlc and still having this bug too. Same issue with 0119 and 0112.
Hello, "ts" command in the console ( = toggle sky) disables ssao in my game. Is it also the case in your game?
Yes, it is.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not 100% sure, but guess found issue, it's matrices not captured, so ssao work but 3d space is distorted too much. Can't test as don't know where no sky visible and if it's that bug, but i'll do fix, try at least.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forelhost should be one of the main dungeons that doesn't have Sky enabled in CK, you can teleport there with 'coc forelhost01' if need to.

r42

0155 gives me the same result

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then it's not fixable from my side

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just for the info, shortly tried 0153 and i'm pretty sure that ssao worked in the interiors. After that i put 0155, did some changes in the skyrim ini files, put default values for ssao in the enbseries.ini and ssao not working (like it is disabled because i get huge fps). I can not confirm that all interiors not working, only entered in the Understone Keep. Exteriors are ok. Tonight I will try with 0153 and with an old ini files to see is that an issue.